Serving beyond the classroom

During the past few years teachers have some and gone from the lives of students. When remembering the teachers that made the biggest influence the name Eunie McEntee, affectionately Mrs. Mac, comes to mind.

Her school spirit and enthusiasm for students was a big part of the school?s foundation. After retiring two years ago from teaching girls’ P.E. and cheer, McEntee has broadened her horizons past the school and is spreading her love to family and friends. Her days are now filled with taking care of her grandsons and caring for her elderly family members.

?Sometimes my days are “Pampers” and “Depends” while praising God continuously,? McEntee said.

After leaving her campus positions, McEntee and husband David, science teacher, hosted missionaries in Belgium for eight months last year.

Though she no longer teaches at Fresno Christian, her family still has its influences. Her husband, David, biology teacher, and her two sons, Paul, band director, and Tom, drama adviser, keep her presence alive on campus.

?I love attending Tom?s plays and Paul’s musical concerts,? McEntee said. ?I still keep in close contact with Katie [Mendenhall, cheer coach] and the cheerleaders and of course I have a new added lifetime interest in biology and chemistry,?

Her admiration for the importance of family ties has encouraged her to surround herself with them.

?The spectrum of multigenerational relationships had become important to me,? McEntee said. ?The other day the grandkids, my elderly 94 year old aunt, my twin brother, youngest son, father-in-law, and Bible study group with 9 kids [one set of triplets] and 7 women were in and out of the house for breakfast, lunch and supper. What a fun day!?

Though her redirection has involved great opportunities, God is still challenging her.

?The biggest challenge has been that our son Paul and family will be moving to Idaho,? McEntee said. ?It tugs at my heart, but opens doors for many visits.?

With the changes awaiting her and her family, the constant reminder of God?s love and strength has been an anchor in her life.

?Relationships with family members grows through seasons as the family grows and elderly members die, the dynamics change, but the wonderful Truth remains, God NEVER changes,? McEntee said. ?The primary way that I am privileged to affect our precious family is through prayer and to encourage them in their lives in their walk with God.?

Her relationship with God had been affected as well. Through the trials and tribulations God?s strength has shown true.

?I know that God is in control and I fully adhere to, trust in, and rely on His promises,? McEntee said. ?I continue to bask in warm memories of God’s past faithfulness and future hope.?

Though her presence on campus is not as obvious, her influences and guidance has a permanent influence on the student body and all those that she comes into contact.

For more information on the band department or Paul McEntee?s move, read the May 19 article, ?Bands bid director goodbye? by Chelsea Joy or e-mail McEntee at [email protected].

For more information on the drama department, contact Tom McEntee at [email protected].

For more information on the science department, e-mail David McEntee at [email protected].