Night Rally kicks off football season

Student leadership expects 290 classmates at Woodward Park for the first night rally of the year. In anticipation for the first football game of the season, the leadership team plans to provide a variety of activities including Nuthouse cheers on Aug. 24.

?I hope that the night rally will inspire and pump up the students as well as the football team,? Jeremy Ramos, ?07, said. ?If the Nuthouse is full, I know the football team will play harder Friday night.?

The night rally theme, ?Flaming Hot Football?, includes a series of games and a relay that puts students in the ring of fire. Due to safety reasons the ring of fire is an obstacle course that involves students eating peppers and jumping through a hula hoop decorated with red tissue paper.

?I am really looking forward to all of the games we are going to play at the night rally,? Vincent Cabias, ?09, said. ?I can?t wait to take on the freshman and seniors in capture the flag.?

In order to participate in the events held at Woodward Park, Sunset Pavilion, all students must wear their class colors: seniors-red, juniors-tie-dye, sophomores-brown, and freshman, blue.

One of the primary goals for the student leadership class is to bring school spirit to the next level. This year the Nuthouse features a whole new array of cheers along with old favorites.

?The cheerleaders are excited about teaching the new cheers learned at summer camp.? Samantha Krikorian, ?08, said. ?We need to get the entire student body fired up for the upcoming season.?

The night rally will begin at 7 P.M. and end at 9 P.M.

For students interested in cheering their eagles to victory against Bakersfield Christian, signups for a rooter bus will be held during lunch in the Ground Zero quad for $3; game entr