Books save students

Throughout the year students face unexpected financial expenditures. On top of tuition, they need money for extra activities, such as the campus formal and yearbooks. Parents often refuse to empty their pockets for additional expenses. This inspired the annual sale of Entertainment books.

An Entertainment book consists of coupons; it offers savings from restaurants to movie tickets. Though an Entertainment book sells for $25, the price quickly pays for itself as savings often amounts between $100 and $1,000.

?FCS sells Entertainment books for two main reasons: to provide a service for parents and an opportunity to fundraise for special activities,? Principal Gary Schultz said. ?When a student sells the books, the profit goes into their individual account for activities or expenses.?

Students agree selling Entertainment books generates valuable profit.

?I?m selling Entertainment books to raise money for basketball,? Micaelah Aleman, ?08, said. ?Between the costs of shoes, bags, and other gear the sport can be quite expensive.?

Students profit when people purchase Entertainment books from the school rather than individuals.

?When someone buys a book directly from FCS, the profit is transferred to an account for students who need financial aide for activities,? Principal Schultz said.

In any situation that necessitates monetary aide, Entertainment books offer a resource to raise funds.

The school provides the materials necessary to sell Entertainment books. English teachers passed out information packets to students the first week of school. For more information, contact Jennifer Lee in the high school office at 299-1695, ext. 125 or go online to www.entertainment.com.