Beach trip tradition continues at Morro Bay

Instead of another predictable school day, students will shut their books, put on their sunglasses, and head out for the annual beach trip to support the football team in their game against Mission College Prep at Morro Bay High School on Sept. 15.

?I am so pumped to get out of class and go to the beach,? Christina Cabias, ?07, said. ?I look forward to playing games on the sand and rooting for our football team at night.?

While most plan on participating in activities held on the beach, others plan on getting wet.

?When we get to the beach, I really want to go skim boarding,? Melanie Nachtigall, ?08, said. ?Even though I?ve only done it a couple of times and I?m not as skilled as most, I still enjoy it.?

Although the beach trip is a time of relaxation and fellowship for many, the coach expects the football team to keep their focus on the upcoming game.

?Last year the beach trip was the highlight of my football season,? John Lynch, ?07, said. “It?s a lot of fun, but I still need to stay focused throughout the day.?

In order to ensure a seat on the rooter bus students must sign up, turn in permission slips, and pay the $30 bus and game entry fee during lunch by no later than Sept. 14.

On the morning of the beach trip, students need to attend their first period homeroom until 10 A.M. when they will then be excused to board the charter bus. Parents of underclassman are expected to pick their child up at 1 A.M. on Sept. 16 in the campus parking lot.

For more information on the beach trip email [email protected] and for upcoming football games visit www.highschoolsports.net