Karnival screamed success

Children screamed as they raced around from stand to stand. The smiles on their faces brought grins of satisfaction to those running the booths. The student leadership team hosted the Kids Karnival during the first home football game Sept. 8 at Clark Intermediate.

During the JV and varsity games against the Strathmore Spartans, the carnival added an exciting option for kids elementary age and younger. Old favorites such as: face painting, football toss, and a bounce house returned for the enjoyment of the participants.

?My favorite booth was the football toss,? Joshua Hopper, ?12, said. ?The booth only cost one ticket so I could play it several times.?

The pie-in-the-face booth proved successful after its debut this year.

?The pie-in-the-face was my favorite booth,? Rayna Endicott, ?14, said. ?I really enjoyed watching people get pied in the face.?

One of the victims for the new stand described her experience as unforgettable.

?I choose to be pied in the face,? Katie White, ?09, said. ?It was crazy having whipped cream thrown in my face again and again and again.?

Besides providing a fun-filled environment, the carnival provided a way for student leadership to raise money. Each class competed to raise money that assists in the payment of their homecoming float. The net income by the four classes was over $250 and all made money.

?I ran the ticket booth this year along with the pie-in-the-face booth,? Abigail Schoettler, ?09, said. ?Each class competed for the highest profit and the sophomore class took second.?

Students who volunteered at the carnival received community service hours for their Bible class.

?I enjoyed helping out at the Kids Karnival and getting service hours for Bible,? Justin Bridges, ?08, said. ?I ran the cakewalk and helped the juniors take first in the competition.?