Seniors set to prove class spirit

As the seniors take their last stab at letting the underclassmen know who dominates during Homecoming, the final touches are being added to their masterpiece. With less than a week left to reveal their Chinese-themed float, the anticipation rises.

The ideas of the Great Wall and a Chinese Palace contribute to the ethnic flare brought by this year?s homecoming.

?This year the float will be a lot better than previous years,? Jason Savage said. ?The float this year is a lot stronger, it’s less flimsy and more eye-catching.?

As the seniors prepare for homecoming, a sense of class unity will be shown through the float.

?Our spirit will definitely show through,? Anne Hawkins said. ?The float is an example of unity through our class. When a class unites, anything can happen.?

This float is one of the final opportunities for the seniors to represent their class spirit before the year ends.

?It?s hard to tell, but we seem to have more participation this year,? Will Hierholzer, vice president, said. ?We want to use our last chance to do something awesome.?

Both the obstacles and the fact that this is their last chance to participate impacts the work process.

?We did have a few things get in our way,? Savage said. ?We had some trouble getting a trailer and money was also an issue. Also, the dedication is definitely more present this year than previous years. Since there is this dedication, there are more people and the what we need are coming more swiftly.?

The drive to win this year shows to be stronger than previous years for the class of 2007.

?Seniors are going to bury the other classes,? Savage said.

The class will be meeting at Ryan Taylor?s house to put the finishing touches on their float.

For more information contact Ryan Taylor at 260-0959 for directions and more details.