Kelly Clarkson’s Meaning of Life Tour highlights new songs, old hits

Tour features multiple voices, showcases talent

[/media-credit] Clarkson reaches fans in every seat by displaying herself on multiple screens, Jan. 25.

Grammy award winning artist Kelly Clarkson kicks off the second stop on the Meaning Of Life Tour in Fresno, Ca, Jan. 25. The sparkling lights and buzz of the crowd had devoted fans dancing and singing the night away. The highly esteemed pop artist engaged the crowds as she related to people with her own personal story.

The Meaning Of Life studio album released Oct. 27, 2017. The tour kicked off in Oakland the night before, with Fresno as the second stop. There will be 28 shows around the United States. Fresno’s Save Mart Center, filled with fans as Clarkson and her opening acts began.

15 year old Season 15 winner of NBC’s The Voice, Brynn Cartelli opened up the concert with her new single Last Night’s Mascara. Along with covers, Cartelli sang a few new songs that she wrote only two months ago.

Before Clarkson, Grammy nominated singer Kelsea Ballerini filled the arena with top hits like Peter Pan and Miss Me More. All three acts told of new music and ideas during the setlist. Between songs, Clarkson shared her weight loss journey, parent life, and talk show information.

This is Clarkson’s first headline run in three years. Featuring hits like Breakaway, Stronger, and I Don’t Think About You. The concert began at 7 p.m. leaving time to get something to eat across the street in Campus Pointe at Fresno State.

Clarkson tweets a shoutout to the Fresno crowd, Jan. 27.

Walking in, the seats were already full. People still rushed in until Clarkson performed. After Ballerini performed and we waited 10 minutes, the lights turned off. Music gradually loudened, and Kelly rose up from under the stage singing A Moment Like This. This was her winning performance once she won American Idol season 1.

[/media-credit] The Save Mart Center fills seats and standing area for The Meaning Of Life Tour, Jan. 25.

Clarkson sang 20 songs during the concert, stopping in the middle to go live on her Facebook. She will be doing a live segment in every concert called Minute + a Glass of Wine. She brought The Voice contestant Lynnea Moorer on the stage to sing a song and chat.

Clarkson seemed to end the concert after she left the stage and I was upset because my personal favorite, Since You Been Gone had not been played yet. While I was sitting there, she came back out for an encore and sang that song and Never Enough from her track on The Greatest Showman Reimagined.

As everyone started leaving, I did not want to go. It was great seeing men, women, children, and elderly enjoy Clarkson’s presence. Clarkson also announced her new talk show, The Kelly Clarkson Show. The show airs, Sept. 9, 2019 on NBC.

The Meaning Of Life Tour traveled to to Los Angeles, Jan. 26 and Salt Lake City, UT, Jan. 30. The next shows will be in Glendale, AZ on Feb. 1 and Kansas City, MO, Feb. 7. For more information check out kellyclarkson.com.

For more articles, check out The Great Kindness Challenge encourages on-campus service and EDITORIAL: Resolve issues through mediation, conversation

Morgan Parker can be reached via email and via Twitter.