Finals last obstacle before break

In the midst of the excitement of the last days of the semester, students restlessly cram to get in last minute reviews. Finals have come and are the one thing students dread that stands between them and three weeks of fun and freedom.

Finals take place the week of Dec. 11-15. Students have a regular class period of 50 minutes to complete each test.

“I hate how the week of finals is right before break, it makes it even more difficult to concentrate,” Lorin Weskamp, ’08, said. “This year I have to take a few of my finals early this year because I’m going out of town.”

While stress seems to get to some, others do not take any particular interest in their finals.

“I don?t really care about my finals,” Andrew McCormick, ’10, said. “I only have one final to take and I know all the material it is on so I’m not worried or nervous about it at all.”

Good study habits are essential when it comes time for finals. The test can either raise or lower a student’s grade, and determine the difference between getting an A and a B.

“I started studying last week,” Josh Palmer, ’08, said. “It makes it easier for me to remember things. I think I’m going to do pretty good on most of my finals so I’m not too worried.”

Some decide to set new goals and to better prepare themselves for next semester.

“Next semester I’m going to start studying weeks before,” Megan Alcorn, ’07, said. “I didn’t study early this semester because I don’t have really any finals, well at least any that are hard.”

Students can now count on looking forward to their Christmas holiday beginning Dec.16. School resumes on Jan. 8.

For more information contact the High School office at 299-1695, ext. 5.