Eagle ace attends central Valley baseball camp

Fresno, CA?Over 200 players and 30 baseball instructors including high school coaches and current college and pro players gathered for a three-day clinic at Clovis West High School on Dec. 28. Fresno Christian Eagle varsity ace pitcher, senior Greg Kilgore, attended the event as did new Fresno Christian varsity head coach, Bill McGowen.

?This was one of the most impressive camps I?ve seen,? McGowen said. ?Each player had the opportunity to receive one-on-one instruction. You had all the Clovis schools? varsity coaches, as well as Bullard and Fresno High running the camp. It was great to see everyone giving back to the baseball community.?

Former area players currently attending Stanford, USC, Arizona, and Cal Poly were in town to offer their expertise as well as pros from the Florida Marlins, Boston Red Sox, Baltimore Orioles and L.A. Dodgers. Fresno State baseball patriarch, Bob Bennett, was particularly insightful.

?Coach Bennett has forgotten more about baseball than all of us combined will ever know,” McGowen said. “He?s one the great fundamentalists of our time.?

Kilgore represented the maroon and gold as he put his skills on display during the supervised pitching bullpen session and participated in various drills.

?I?m really impressed by the level of personal instruction at this camp,? Kilgore said. ?The coaches and pros are saying the same things I hear every day but you get it from different perspectives.?

The Eagles will begin their season with an 8th period team meeting Jan. 8 in JV head coach Scott Falk?s room. Team expectations, schedules, and costs will be outlined at that time.

Those wishing to support the program can attend the first annual baseball fundraiser dinner and silent auction on Feb. 17 at 6 P.M. in the Ground Zero building of the Peoples Church. The first annual alumni game is slated for Feb. 24.

Contact coach McGowen for information concerning the alumni game or this year’s team.