Charlotte’s Web recreates best seller

The shrill cry of a rooster breaks the air as the first rays of the sun peak over the horizon. Life begins to rouse on a farm enveloped in vibrant color, surrounded by the distant hills of meadow and pasture. A small pig stirs awake, welcoming another day on the Zuckerman Farm.

Charlotte’s Web opens as a young girl named Fern awakens in the night to find her father is about kill a newborn piglet that was rejected by its mother. Horrified by this prospect, Fern rescues the piglet and cares for him as a pet. Dubbed Wilbur, the piglet accompanies her everywhere.

As the days pass, Fern’s parents realize that soon Wilbur will become too large to keep as a pet and must be given a more suitable home. Wilbur is taken to live across the road with Fern’s uncle, Farmer Zuckerman, but finds his new home lonely without Fern.

Faced with becoming Zuckerman’s Christmas dinner, Wilbur makes an unlikely friend in Charlotte, a common barn spider. Intent on saving his life, Charlotte makes use of a natural phenomenon within all spiders: web spinning.

Based on the best selling children’s book of all time, Charlotte’s Web has swept the box office with a tale of friendship and sacrifice.

Charlotte’s Web presents an inspiring theme of salvation as Charlotte dedicates her life to saving Wilbur. Such a message is often lacking in current box office hits, but has given a unique flare to Charlotte’s Web.

With its family friendly message and ensemble of celebrity voices, Charlotte’s Web has created a stir in the world of films for children. Dakota Fanning’s portrayal of Fern brought life to the original character in E. B. White’s novel and captured the entire plot of the movie from a child-like perspective.

I enjoyed this movie for its endearing plot and stunning message. I would recommend it to anyone in search of a family movie, as it applies not only to children, but adults and teens alike.