Vulgarity taints Epic saga

There is a fine line between comedy and vulgarity, and Epic Movie smashed through that line.

The weak to non-existent storyline features four orphans, Peter, Susan, Lucy, and Edward, who meet by chance after receiving a golden ticket and winning an opportunity to visit the ?Willy? chocolate factory. While inside the factory, Lucy discovers a wardrobe leading to the land of ?Gnarnia.?

The plot mainly mimics that of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. The crude name change given to Narnia?s villain, the White Witch, left me shocked and disgusted.

The orphans go through the land on a quest to rescue Edward from the queen, all the while spewing curse words and insinuations while befriending spin offs of Pirates of the Caribbean?s, Captain Jack Sparrow, renamed Captain Jack Swallow, and a distorted Harry Potter.

For anyone who has seen and enjoyed The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, Epic Movie seems insulting and lacks creativity. Aslan, the Lion?s offensive derivative, left me feeling, for lack of a better word, traumatized.

By the time the end credits began, I breathed a sigh of relief and felt sure that I had parted with a couple brain cells in the duration of 86 long minutes.

The idea of poking fun at other movies held comedic potential. However, offensive language, suggestive remarks and an absence of plot resulted in a waste of $7.50 and a Saturday afternoon.

Due to crude and sexual humor, language and some comic violence, I encourage parents to use extreme caution when allowing kids under 13 to see Epic Movie.