BREAKING: Bonfire rally connects, hypes students for homecoming

Rally unifies student body, concludes week-long festivities

[/media-credit] Students and faculty pray over the football team for safety during last year’s bonfire event.

As the homecoming football game approaches and the 35th annual homecoming week comes to a close, student leadership will host the third annual bonfire rally, Oct. 3, at sophomore Brynnor Poplin’s house. The night consists of games, food, a performance by the cheer team and speeches from the football team captains. 

This event brings Fresno Christian students, faculty and athletes together to prepare the mindset of the players and encourage viewers of the upcoming game. This rally reflects the “family” aspect of Fresno Christian while under the stars. 

Junior Hannah Villines shares her excitement for the bonfire rally this year and memories from last year’s event.

“I’m really looking forward to being able to further bond with my classmates and to be able to just get hyped for homecoming,” Villines said. “My favorite part from last year was just being able to all get together and have a really fun night! Our over 200 students are able to get together at a fellow students house and just really bond and enjoy the time.”

Zeke Fuller,’20, shares his thoughts on the upcoming football game as well as the preparation the team undergoes physically and mentally. 

[/media-credit] Football players gather around the fire during the bonfire rally last year and get excited for the homecoming game.

“I’m excited because this is the night to get people excited for homecoming,” Fuller said. “We haven’t had a win in over a month so my team is hungry. Riverdale is always a personal game because these are our rivals.

“Friday night is going to be huge because this is the first game ever that coach Count’s parents will be watching,” Fuller continued. “So he wants this win even more. So yes, we’ve been preparing all week; the bonfire rally is going to get the whole school excited to get this much needed win!”

This year’s homecoming football game will be against Riverdale Christian High School, 7 p.m., Oct. 4. Gates open at 6 p.m. to see the class floats based on board games and to claim a seat in the bleachers. For adults, the entry fee is $5 and for non FC students the entry fee is $3. FCS students with a student ID have free admission. 

This year the Pregnancy Care Center will receive all donations and proceeds made from the floats. Each year, an organization is chosen by student leadership to support through donations at each class float. 

Don’t forget to come support your Eagles this Friday and see the class floats!

For more articles check out Homecoming floats connect, challenge students or Students engage First Amendment rights through News Engagement Day, Oct. 1.

Annabelle Messer can be reached via email and Twitter.