Pink out proceeds benefit child’s fight against cancer

Football game theme proceeds donated to Graham family

[/media-credit] Student Leadership unpacks pink out spirit shirts.

At FCS, dress-up themes often accompany football home games. This year, the theme for the upcoming football game, Oct. 25, presents itself more serious than the rest.

In the past, the campus leadership team put on a “pink out” theme to raise breast cancer awareness. Leadership sold pink out shirts with a percentage of the proceeds funding The Art of Life Cancer Foundation. This year, the profits are sent to a more direct place.

Tristian Graham, the son of a 2009 FC alumnus, finds himself in Valley Children’s Hospital after being diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. This type of cancer targets white blood cells and causes them to crowd in the liver, spleen, and lymph nodes. He is expected to undergo chemo for the next two years.

Graham’s father Tyler Graham attended FC along with Tristian’s aunt, Michelle Graham, and his uncle, Tyler Krigbaum. The campus community sought to assist the Graham family in their medical expenses by making the Graham family the recipients of the donations gained by pink out shirt sales. The shirts are $10 and all proceeds go to Graham’s medical fund.

In the following podcast, Brayden Iest talks with Robert Foshee on the Graham family and how FCS ended up supporting them.

[/media-credit] Tristian Graham, left, is held by his father, alumnus Tyler Graham, ’09, in Valley Children’s Hospital on their last day in the hospital.

Student leadership advisor Robert Foshee coached and taught members of the Graham family during their time on campus. Foshee hopes that the funds generated by the pink out shirts aid the Grahams in their time of need.

“I personally know the Graham family,” Foshee said. “Tristian’s father, aunt and uncle went here, so we want to do what we can to help them out. I hope the shirt sales will be of help to the family and they will be in our prayers.”

Leadership student Brynnor Poplin, ‘22, participated in leadership the last two years and engaged in many themed football games. He enjoys the idea of the pink out shirts benefiting the Grahams this year.

“I think that supporting Tristian and his family is a great thing,” Poplin said. “It is cool that the money we raise goes to a former FCS family. Also, by buying a shirt, students are funding a cause and getting a spirit shirt.”

Next week, the Eagles football team faces the Alpaugh Buffalos, Oct. 25. Pink out shirts appear for sale on campus all days leading up to game day and also sell during the game.

For more information, contact the leadership team.

For more articles, check out Plastic accumulates in Atlantic Ocean, trash vortex swells and Volleyball seniors discuss final home game of high school.

Brayden Iest can be reached via Twitter and email.