Band plays for feedback, critique

While most students remained on campus, the junior high and high school band attended the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) Music Festival, on Feb. 23.

Although the ASCI Music Festival is not a competition; the band receives a review on their performance. A panel of three judges concentrate on the pre-selected songs prepared by various schools.

Judges not only listen and critique the concert, but rank each band on participation. Director Chris Rice uses the compliments and suggestions for improvement.

?As the new band director I hope to better achieve the goals that both marching and concert band strive to attain,? Rice said. ?I hoped for a great performance and I believed the students accomplished their songs.?

Students left campus for Modesto Christian High at 8 A.M. and returned at 6 P.M.

?I really think we have a possibility of doing great if people are willing to work hard,? Dana King, ’12, said. ?Band is awesome for me, because it is really a big aspect of music.?

The band prepared a month in advance in order to make corrections to their routine. Rice decided to perform the march with a slower piece.

?I?m very excited about the festival because we?ve been working very hard and I think we?ll do well,? Samantha Grizz, ’07, said. ?I have a big passion for band I plan to continue with band throughout college.?