Megan LeBlanc leads student body in campus sports, activities

Senior shares lessons gained from various sports, time at FCS

[/media-credit] Playing volleyball since seventh grade, Megan LeBlanc, ’20, served as the captain of the volleyball team this year.

Playing soccer and volleyball, senior Megan LeBlanc participates is various school activities on and off the field and court. As a multi-sport athlete in both fall and winter sports, she also carries a cumulative G.P.A. of 4.17 and is the ASB activities director on the student leadership team.

LeBlanc started playing volleyball at FC in seventh grade. She picked up the sport with the idea of trying something new, but ended up developing passion for it and continued playing through high school.

Usually playing as an outside hitter and a defense specialist, LeBlanc took on the role of captain her senior year. LeBlanc shares the value she feels for the team’s environment.

“My favorite thing about volleyball is the team chemistry,” LeBlanc said. “We had pregame rituals and inside jokes which made this team so enjoyable to be around. Even though we had fun on the court, we also knew when it was time to buckle down and focus on improving our skill. I am going to miss this team and how happy this sport makes me.”

LeBlanc also shares one of her favorite memories from her time on the volleyball team.

“My favorite memory was at a home game against Kerman,” LeBlanc said. “A ball went flying over the bench and I ran to get it and I fell over the bench chairs, but I got the ball up which was cool.”

In the following podcast, LeBlanc shares encouragement to her fellow teammates she will be leaving behind after she graduates.

Besides serving as a volleyball captain, LeBlanc has also played on the soccer field for the past 13 years. Her freshman and sophomore year she played outside midfielder but was moved to play center defense during her junior season.

LeBlanc shares her favorite things about soccer and her favorite memory.

“My favorite thing about soccer is the competitiveness and contact,” LeBlanc said. “I also love playing alongside my best friends throughout my high school career. My favorite memory would be winning the Valley Championships this year. It was the happiest feeling knowing we had achieved this goal and I wish I could go back to that night to experience it again.” 

Playing both soccer and volleyball with LeBlanc, fellow senior Avery Jones shares the value of playing sports with LeBlanc.

“Megan is my best friend and I have loved playing both soccer and volleyball with her,” Jones said. “We have been playing soccer together since kindergarten and recently we have been playing side by side for the past two years in the defensive line. Megan is an amazing teammate who always includes everyone and always looks at the positives. I am so blessed to have played with her for so many years.”

[/media-credit] Along with playing volleyball, Megan LeBlanc, ’20, has played soccer for the past 13 years.

Girls soccer coach, Matt Markarian has coached LeBlanc for three years and recognizes her contributions to the team. 

“Megan is an ideal teammate and a very smart player,” Markarian said. “Megan has been the anchor of our defense this season and is one of our main leaders on the field. I appreciate that Megan is always positive and encouraging. She is one of our hardest workers and she still finds time to make sure everyone is encouraged and has what they need to be successful.”

Megan’s mom, Lucce LeBlanc, has enjoyed watching her play sports. Lucee enjoys seeing her daughter’s passion grow for sports. 

“She started soccer in kindergarten, but she didn’t discover volleyball until seventh grade,” Lucee said. “It has been great seeing her develop her passion and skill for the sport. While it’s fun watching her score a point with her jump serve or with a kill, the best part for me is seeing how happy she is playing a sport she loves.”

As well as being a two-sport athlete, LeBlanc is involved in the campus Sister to Sister program, California Scholastic Federation (CSF), leadership. LeBlanc is also a photojournalist for The Feather Online. 

Although Lucce is sad to see her leave Fresno Christian after this year, she is excited about Megan’s future.

“Though I am sad to see her time at FCS come to an end,” Lucce continued, “I’m excited to see what God has in store for her and how she uses the gifts he has given her.”

Although LeBlanc has yet to decide where she will be attending college, she is planning on pursuing a photography career.

To check out Megan’s photography skills, readers can find her photos on The Feather Online.

For another profile, read Freshman Rachel Moate excels in varsity volleyball

For another article, read 37th annual FCS auction offers dinner, live entertainment.

Toryn Triplitt can be reached via email.

The following slideshow includes images of LeBlanc playing volleyball and soccer throughout high school.