NOTS unites classes, creates memories

Some of the most desired outcomes of a high school career are friendships and lasting memories with fellow classmates. But these are not easily found for many students.

The annual Night Of The Stars film event is held in substitute of the customary winter formal during early February. The event serves as the perfect tool for bringing a class closer and creating a chance for students to get together on the weekends to further their friendships.

Months of preparation go into the ensuring the class movies are a memorable part of the unique formal. Everything from writing, acting, filming and editing all give students a chance to help in the creative side of the project.

While the screenplays lead to healthy competition in the auditioning process, the rivalry among class movies usually is positive.

Participating in such a legendary process as the making of a NOTS movie leaves most with positive memories of high school. Past films have also been archived for future budding actors/filmmakers.

Taking part in this event is adding your name to the enormous list of students who have participated in NOTS movies spanning over a decade. It is also a chance to leave behind a legacy on campus. Many skilled students have stood out due to their outstanding skill in these projects and have gone on to future careers in the film industry, college and/or church productions.

Some owe their films success to original story ideas, others for their editing and special effect works and still others to remaking Hollywood blockbusters. And the seniors do not always win each school year. Last year, the junior class outclassed the seniorsí film, taking the Best Picture award.

When the right combinations of people come together, work hard and stay focused, the result is a cinematic experience that students can take pride in and the class can celebrate.