Rethink decision

Dear editor:

The rules from the administration limits students abilities in sports. Spencer Lee?s March 1 article, ?School Policy Questioned,? brings to my attention that kids should partake in whatever sports they desire.

I agree with this policy, because it has a good reason behind it. For example, what school would want to lose their best sport for a new one. If an old sport doesn?t have enough players, the people in the old sport should be able to play a new sport.

If our school spoke about this policy last year, others and I might have kept our eighth period open. Now seniors who played sports last year aren?t able to participate in this new intriguing sport. It?s just sad that they won’t experience this new sport.

What if in my case and others, we can contribute talent to additional sports? Our school, regardless of size, should let us take part in whatever sport we enjoy. Students need chances to join new sports. Now that the policy has occurred, we have to wait a year. Seniors won’t get to play new sports since they played a sport last year. Teenagers should enjoy playing sports they want to play and endeavor.

Not one other school has this rule for sports. Schools should want everyone to participate and contribute. Sports aren?t just for winning, but for experience, being a team and having a good time with friends.