Fall formal offers food, games, fun

Classic high school event receives a new spin

The minds of high school students dwell on colorful dresses and sharp tuxedos as Fresno Christian’s formal draws near. Over the last three weeks, guys have been asking girls or students arrange to go with a group of friends. This Night of the Stars, NOTS event, usually in spring, was moved to fall due to last year’s formal’s sudden cancelation due to coronavirus concerns.

[/media-credit] The usual NOTS class-created movies will be replaced with multiple games during fall formal, Nov. 13.

The event will take place Friday, Nov. 13, and lasts from 5 – 9 p.m. at Wolf Lakes Gardenside in Sanger. Only FCS high school students may attend. Students from a different school that attend alongside FCS students must be approved by administration.

At formal, students take part in multiple events such as professional photographs, gourmet dinner, and a game night. The game night consists of five different areas of games where attendees use tokens to play games, which in turn rewards them with more tokens. Tokens can be used to win one of five big prizes that will be offered during the night. The night will also contain games which involve teaming up with the other students at the tables.

Besides formal and Sadies, student leadership plans more events such as a junior and senior prom, as well as another “spring fun event” take place later in the school year. Campus formal is usually Night of the Stars (NOTS), an evening highlighted by students filming, editing and producing class movies.

Ticket sales for formal end Nov. 6. Talk to leadership advisor Aubri Foster at lunch to buy tickets.

For more articles, read The Social Dilemma Uncovers Media Impact and Should students care about voting and elections?

Brayden Iest can be reached via Twitter @braydeniest and via email.