Top five Christmas movies

[/media-credit] Top five Christmas movies to indulge in while bringing in the holiday season.

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas. As the holiday season caps off the 2020 year, Christmas traditions are well  underway. Wrapping presents, decorating the tree and of course watching  all-time favorite Christmas movies. In an attempt to spread some holiday cheer, The Feather Online is sharing the TOP FIVE Christmas movies with you.

From Buddy The Elf to Charlie Brown, this holiday list carries a multitude of memorable moments and quotes. With the inclusion of Netflix, Hulu, and Disney plus, holiday movies are branching out in unique ways to capture a new audience.

Five quotes from each of the top five favorites:

Elf:

1. “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.” – Buddy
  2. “I am a cotton-headed ninny muggins!” – Buddy
  3. “You have such a pretty face. You should be on a Christmas card.” – Buddy
  4. “So, good news…I saw a dog today.”  – Buddy
  5. “I just like to smile. Smiling’s my favorite.” – Buddy

It’s A Wonderful Life:

1. “You’ve been given a great gift, George, a chance to see what the world would be like without you.” – Clarence
  2. “Every time you hear a bell ring, it means that some angel’s just got his wings.” – Clarence
  3. “What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word, and I’ll throw a lasso around it and pull it down.” – George Bailey
  4. “Dear Father in Heaven, I’m not a praying man, but if you’re up there and you can hear me, show me the way.” – George Bailey
  5. “Isn’t it wonderful? I’m going to jail!” – George Bailey

A Christmas Story:

1. “Every family has a kid that won’t eat. My little brother had not eaten voluntarily in over three years.” – Ralphie Parker
  2. “Adults loved to say things like that but kids knew better. We knew darn well it was always better not to get caught.” – Ralphie Parker
  3. “Adults loved to say things like that but kids knew better. We knew darn well it was always better not to get caught.” –Ralphie Parker
  4. “We plunged into the cornucopia quivering with desire and the ecstasy of unbridled avarice.” – Ralphie Parker
  5. “He looks like a deranged Easter Bunny.” – Old Man Parker

How the Grinch Stole Christmas:

1. “And they’ll feast, feast, feast, feast. They’ll eat their Who-Pudding and rare Who-roast Beast. But there’s something I just cannot stand in least… Oh no. I’m speaking in rhyme!” – The Grinch
  2. Hate, hate, hate. Hate, hate, hate. Double Hate. Loathe entirely!” – The Grinch
  3. “I am the Grinch that stole Christmas… and I’m sorry. Aren’t you going to cuff me? Beat me up? Blind me with pepper spray?” – The Grinch
  4. “Blast this Christmas music. It’s joyful and triumphant.” – The Grinch
  5. “Saving you, is that what you think I was doing? Wrong-o. I just noticed that you were improperly packaged, my dear.” – The Grinch

A Charlie Brown Christmas:

1. “I think there must be something wrong with me, Linus. Christmas is coming, but I’m not happy. I don’t feel the way I’m supposed to feel.” – Charlie Brown
  2. “I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It’s not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love.” – Linus
  3. “Dear Santa Claus, How have you been? Did you have a nice summer? How is your wife? I have been extra good this year, so I have a long list of presents that I want.” – Sally
  4. “Rats. Nobody sent me a Christmas card today. I almost wish there weren’t a holiday season. I know nobody likes me. Why do we have to have a holiday season to emphasize it?” – Charlie Brown
  5. “Look, Charlie, let’s face it. We all know that Christmas is a big commercial racket. It’s run by a big eastern syndicate, you know.” – Lucy van Pelt

Some holiday runner ups are Love Actually, Home Alone, A Muppet’s Christmas CarolRudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, and The Nightmare Before Christmas. What’s your favorite Christmas movie? Let us know with a comment below.

For more Feather Photos, please visit the Feather Media page.

Zoe Bull
Zoe Bull, Journalist