Campus enrollment numbers increasing, sign up now

Fresno Christian predicted to grow in 2021-22 school year

Among all of the unexpected and irrational events that enveloped parents, students and teachers, Fresno Christian Schools are nearing full capacity for the 2021-22 school year. The campus is already preparing for next year’s journey. Fresno Christian’s re-enrollment numbers are increasing rapidly. 

[/media-credit] Elementary enrollment expands for the 2021-22 school year. (photo taken before social distancing)

With Covid-19 still shutting schools down across the nation, students struggle with growing their education online and need a stable foundation to learn. Fresno Christian is a school that remains open for in-person education.

Current Fresno Christian families should enroll as soon as possible to keep their spot. Re-enrollment starts with FCS families and any siblings they want to add (ending March 19). Starting March 20, church members begin enlisting. Enrollment opens to the general public on April 9.

Enrollment usually lasts until July, but campus administration is predicting spots will be packed by May. Re-enrollment numbers are already 75- 85 percent complete.

Kids are gradually starting to enlist in Fresno Christian. While some are running towards FCS for a better school year than what online school offers, others are running because they see what this school has to offer. 

Superintendent Jeremy Brown talks about how he does not just want this school to be a place where people run away, but rather for students to see what this school offers. 

“Hopefully we are a place where they enjoy coming,” Superintendent Brown said. “I do not want to be just slightly better than where they were. I think we have a good offering at Fresno Christian Schools.”

Currently in his seventh year at Fresno Christian, Superintendent Brown talks about re-enrollment and how fast it is going by. He urges others in the following podcast to sign up before it is too late. He offers listeners feedback on how school growth and classroom size are going to be for the upcoming year.

Jana Williams, ’24, talks about her experience at Fresno Christian and why she re-enrolled.

“I have been at Fresno Christian since kindergarten and I keep coming back,” Williams said, “because it acts as a 2nd home to me and I love having the opportunity to learn about God everyday.”

[/media-credit] Superintendent Jeremy Brown encourages families to take advantage of Fresno Christian’s unique offerings.

Fresno Christian also made an impact on Henry Baker, ’22. Formally of Clovis West, Baker provides some feedback on his first year at Fresno Christian and why he chose to re-enroll for his senior year.

“Fresno Christian is a lot more personal,” Baker said; “everyone knows everyone and everyone is a lot more friendlier as well.”

Students seem to enjoy Fresno Christian and what it has to offer. Yet there are still other students who do not feel the same way.

Current elementary classrooms would have already been full and overflowing; due to this FCS, is now considering additional classroom offerings. This year Fresno Christian has enough kindergarteners to start first grade next year, meaning that there may be two classes of first graders as well as second grade and third grade.

The high school is getting close to capacity, and middle school enrollment shut down in the middle of the semester because FCS could not take any more applicants. 

According to administration, school is positioning itself for next year by opening up spaces and making more room for students. FCS is welcoming more enrollments but class seats and sizes are limited.

For another FCS enrollment article, visit The Feather article: Filming enrollment commercials. For a quick brief about Fresno Christian’s history, visit FC history. For another Feather article, read Beautify Fresno unites community voices through cleanup projects.

For more articles, read FCS student rebuilds 61 year old car, restores family heirloom or PROMO: Valley Children’s annual Kids Day begins online, March 9

Maiya Esqueda can be reached via Twitter @maiyaesqueda and via email.