To Be Known, Anna Le

New video series To be Known, features Fresno Christian campus students with a look into their personal lives offering an opportunity to connect deeper. Bringing you a collection of interviews from various students allows others to know a part of their life outside of school. Hobbies, work, family background, aspirations and challenges during this global pandemic. It is the aim of The Feather video journalists to tell their story to help them be known.

[/media-credit] Anna Le, ’21, enjoys exercising and spends her afternoons on the tennis court as part of the Fresno Christian girls tennis team.

Introducing international student Anna Le. Coming from a from a small town in Vietnam to Fresno during her eighth grade year,  Le moved in with an aunt and sister while her parents remain over 7,000 miles away. The challenge to join a new school in a new country with a language barrier only motivated Le to work harder. 

Growing up in a home with both parents who practice medicine,  Le had many opportunities  learning how to assist and service patients who came into their home. Her own grandpa, who she never got to know due to a stroke before she was born, was under her care when he passed away. Le speaks to the experience of watching her father never give up on his dad when the hospitals could no longer help him.

These experiences have shaped a desire for Le to become a nurse and continue helping others. Taking courses about money management and obtaining her first job to earn money for college fills her free time when she isn’t at tennis practice, baking or lifting weights.

Coming from a non-religious family in Vietnam, Le shares in the video about how  coming to Fresno Christian has ultimately brought Christ into her life. Finding friends, teachers and coaches who helped her grow has made a lasting impact. Her advice to other students is to be brave, to not be afraid to talk to one another and be open. This was scary for her as an international student  but her courage allowed her opportunities, friendships and memories she will cherish forever.  

We hope you enjoyed getting to know a little more about Anna Le. 

To watch another check out, To Be Known- Edward Fikse

For more Feather videos, visit The Feather media page.