Homecoming 2021 wrap-up

[/media-credit] Homecoming winners (left-to-right) Brandy Penberthy, ’23, Emily Penberthy, ’22, Kamdon Marquez, ’22, Ashley Logan, ’22, Owen McCann, ’22, Gabriella Hutcheson, ’24, Milly Morgan, ’25.

Fresno Christian celebrates the 36th annual homecoming, Sept. 17. This year’s theme, ‘Homecoming for Humanity’ recognizes non-profit organizations that were depicted in class floats. 

These charities include; Cal Fire Benevolent Fund, Make a Wish, Doctors Without Borders and Water for South Sudan. The final homecoming court pageant took place during halftime with the crowning of Owen McCann as King and Ashley Logan for Queen.

McCann has attended FC for 12 years and has played football for all four of his high school years.   

“Dealing with all the homecoming and football practices and all my classes was a little bit of a tight squeeze,” McCann says, “but it was definitely doable.” 

McCann was not expecting to win, but his parents and siblings anticipated him winning since they heard about his nomination. 

“To future king candidates,” McCann says, “don’t take it too seriously. Winning is cool but just have fun with the rest of the court.”

[/media-credit] Fresno Christian beats Alpaugh, 47-6.

Logan has attended FC for six years. She and her sister, Lindsay Logan transferred to FC because they loved the tour. 

“My mom was so excited and emotional,” Logan says, “she was crying before they even announced freshmen princesses! My dad gave me the biggest hug. I think my parents were both a little emotional because it hit them that I was a senior.” 

Logan had to overcome the idea of over 1,000 people staring at her during halftime but felt comforted that her dad was beside her. 

“My advice for future queen candidates is to enjoy every moment.” Logan says. “It gets super busy and tiring but all the memories you’ll make in preparation and the week are so much fun. Even if it doesn’t seem super great at times, it’s all part of the experience, and the experience is everything!” 

To view photos of homecoming night, head to The Feather Smugmug.

For more photos, head to the media page.

For more articles, read 21-22 Homecoming day No.4 wrap up and Homecoming for Humanity: 36th annual homecoming.