35th annual Kids Day online due to Covid Precautions

It’s the 35th annual Kids Day but due to ongoing Covid precautions, Valley Children’s Health Care Foundation decided to keep things virtual. All around the city you will not see community members, students and teachers in orange vests handing out newspapers however, there is still a great opportunity to support the cause online. This event raised $270,955 last year and continues to help many patients and families treated at Valley Children’s.

[/media-credit] Advisers Kori James and Greg Stobbe have continued the tradition of raising funds on street corners with the team even when donations are online only.

Feather Adviser Kori James and Greg Stobbe hold onto the tradition of raising funds from the street corners with the team, even though donations collect online, March 2021.

For safety reasons, a new online platform has been created. Schools around Central California can create their own fundraising page online where students can compete against other schools and give money for the cause. The winning school or team will receive the ultimate Kids Day trophy. FCS entered the competition with a goal to raise at least $5000. In 2019 the school raised $2,181. 

If your team/school is not wanting to create their own fundraising page online, you can also participate by sharing their online giving page and text-to-give options. Text George at 20222

The Feather team will be on the streets early to help raise funds Tues. March 8. Make sure to give them a honk and wave as you see them.

[/media-credit] This years Kids Day Ambassador is cancer surviver Olivia, a five year old who’s bravery inspires us all.

Meet Olivia, This year’s Valley Children’s Kids Day Ambassador!

Olivia was diagnosed with a stage 4 Wilm’s tumor on her right kidney at just four years old. Wilm’s tumor is a very common type of childhood cancer but Olivia’s parents knew she was in the right hands. After only 6 weeks of treatment at Valley Children’s, her tumor was reduced by 50%.

The experts at Valley Children’s saved Olivia’s life by getting rid of all the cancer in her body. Even though the plan to begin with was to remove her right kidney, the specialists found another way. Thanks to Valley Children’s, Olivia gets to celebrate her 5th birthday ringing the ‘No Mo Chemo’ bell at the hospital.

Help us in our continued partnership with this Valley resource by donating this Kids Day.

For more Feather articles read FC serve day 2022 and Beautify Fresno works to address citizen concerns.

Video: Take a glimpse into past Kids Day

#KidsDay2022 #ValleyChildrens #ValleyChildrensHospital #ChildrensHealth #FuturesWorthFightingFor