PROMO: 2022 auction and spring benefit

[/media-credit] Donations to the auction included baskets, gift cards, desserts and other goods.

The 39th annual Fresno Christian auction excitement builds as the event will bring fundraising back to an online platform where everyone can participate. The online auction begins March 24 and closes March 31 at 8 p.m. followed by a sold out spring benefit dinner, April 1.

Administration chose to use the 32auctions website for the third consecutive year. They switched to a silent auction in 2020 to adjust to Covid-19 protocols but found the online platform widened their engagement.

All funds raised go toward program enrichment and student enrollment support. As a private school, FCS receives no state support funds. This auction helps offset the gap between tuition and actual expenses. Specific things the money could be put towards include the new elementary playground, updating windows, room dividers, cabinets, and countertops, the roof and solar, as well as debt retirement. The 38th annual FCS Auction brought in over $130,000 and this years goal is $250,000.

Donation acceptance ended March 11 with over 300 items donated in comparison to a record number of 400 items last year.

Some big ticket items include an Apple iPod Pro, Aventon Electric Bike,  weekend at Shaver Lake, Onewheel Pint, two different lake days, and a Phase 5 wake surf board. Anyone can bid on these items as long as they are willing to pick up their winnings from the school.

The spring benefit dinner held April 1 begins at 5:30 p.m. Only adults are allowed to attend. A BBQ dinner of tri-tip, chicken, beans, bread, salad, French fries and onion rings will be served. Lawn games like corn hull, croquet, and Jenga will be played. Attendees can play the infamous paddle game with the purchase of dual colored paddles. Players stand up and choose a color, then a color is randomly picked. If yours is chosen you stay standing and the last person standing wins a prize.

Even though most items will be sold online, a dessert auction made up of homemade or bakery purchased desserts of all kinds will be held. Leadership Students wait tables and sell raffle tickets for items like the latest Apple iPad, a spa package, and more. There may be one special item sold at the dinner, which has not been revealed.

[/media-credit] Volunteers help organize and photograph donations for the online auction, Mar. 18.

For entertainment, a live instrumental band made up of FC worship team students will be playing. The chamber choir will also be featured.

Four different sponsor levels allowed donators to receive seats and paddles at the spring break. Donators of $10,000 became a Legacy Event Sponsor, $5,000 to become a Diamond Sponsor, $2,500 to become a Platinum Sponsor or $1,000 to become a Gold Sponsor.  Individual tickets were sold for $100. About 400 people are expected to attend the sold-out event.

Dawn Hinton, a FCS parent, leads a team that plans and directs the auction.

“The spring benefit dinner,” Hinton said, “is a great way for parents, grandparents, alumni, teachers and friends to all gather and spend time catching up and celebrating the Grace of God and this fabulous school.”

A link to the auction will be emailed and posted on social media on Mar. 23, the day before it goes live.