Leadership hosts final WSL meeting

The Pirates of the Caribbean themed and final West Sierra League (WSL) meeting of the year will be held on campus, May 14. The collaboration will focus on student leadership positions for the upcoming year, while serving as a break from typical meetings.

?I?m looking forward to passing the torch to the school who is going to lead next year?s meetings,? senior Jeremy Ramos, ASB president, said. ?The meeting is going to be a good closer to year and my term as ASB president.?

The meeting will include a full-on treasure hunt where the schools break up into different teams to find puzzle pieces form a map that will lead them to the treasure.

?We are working hard to get everything organized for the meeting,? Ramos said. ?The treasure hunt will be a fun way to work with other schools for the last time.?

The monthly meetings serve as a way for the leaders on campus to meet leaders from other schools and share ideas while creating camaraderie.

?I love getting to know people in leadership from other schools and getting tips for events we hold,? Abby Schoettler, ?09, said. ?For our last meeting we make it a fun end of the year thing. We try to keep the business stuff short so we can have fun at the end.?

Student Leadership adviser, Josh Tosland, agrees that students benefit from the interaction with students from different campuses.

?I think that the leadership students really benefit from the meetings,? Josh Tosland, student leadership advisor said. ?It give them a chance to interact with schools in the West Sierra League in a non-competitive way.?

For more information regarding previous meetings click here on the March 23, 2007, article, March Madness inspires WSL.