Varsity football remains undefeated in 2022 season

FC football holds a 6-0 record for regular season

In just the first two months of the school year, Fresno Christian football dominates the field with a 6-0 start to their 2022 season. After their CIF championship win last season, the Eagles are prepared to maintain their winning streak and earn two consecutive titles.

[/media-credit] Varsity football begins each game with a choir performance of the Star Spangled Banner.
Over the course of the first four games, the Eagles outscored opponents by 218-58 under the leadership of coach Michael Fuller. The team put in lots of hard work to prepare to continue their undefeated streak.

“We just keep working and preparing, then the game starts and it’s time to perform,” Fuller said. “Physically we are strong, well conditioned and tough. We will see if we can stand up to the competition.”

For the 2022-2023 season, the Eagles boast one of the largest football rosters seen since 2017. The team consists of 38 total players, including 14 seniors. The senior roster also includes six homeschool players, just as valued as FC athletes.

Five games into the season, senior Joshua Chinn leads the team in total touchdowns. He also led the defense in turnovers with five interceptions. On the defensive side of the ball, Paul Sheppard, ’24, leads in tackles.

Fresno Christian’s latest home game against Riverdale Christian was yet another blowout victory with a final score of 48-14, Sept. 23. The Eagles got off to a strong start, ending the first quarter with a 41-8 lead. During halftime, three senior players took the stage on the homecoming court, Joshua Chinn, Tyler Smith and Marshall Goldsborough.

“Riverdale is a light competition,” Chinn said. “If we get off to a strong start, competing at our level will be difficult for them.”

[/media-credit] The football team celebrates six consecutive wins in their 2022 season.
With four games left in the regular season, the Eagles are ready to begin preparation for the 2022 playoffs. Hard work has been put into this dominating season and postseason optimism is something to be expected.

“As a rule, I don’t believe one can be fully prepared. There is always something that could be improved,” Fuller said. “We just keep working and preparing, then the game starts and it’s time to perform. Physically we are strong, well conditioned and tough. We will see if we can stand up to the competition”

The Eagles will play their final home game of the regular season for Senior Night, Friday. Oct. 7. Leadership, sacrifice and diligence will all be key factors for Fresno Christian to maintain a dominant lead for the remaining season.

To read more from The Feather, go to 2022 homecoming court winners or The FCS college fair is back!