Blog: Fantasy football talk, week No. 10

Students discuss the major upsets, players to watch of NFL week 1o

[/media-credit] Feather staffer Kyle Clem, ’21, (center) discusses week ten of the NFL season alongside juniors Bryson Graham (right) and Carston Saelzler (left).

Following the final whistle of week ten of the NFL season, Feather staffer Kyle Clem sat down with juniors Carston Saelzler and Bryson Graham to discuss the week of action. This week offered a number of upsets and a Monday Night Football classic. With wins over their heavily favored opponents, the Titans, Browns, Falcons and Dolphins improved their overall record with major wins.

In the Monday night contest between the Seattle Seahawks and the San Francisco 49ers, the game featured three lead changes and two 10 point comebacks. At the end of regulation, rookie kicker Chase McLaughlin made a 47 yard field goal to send the game intoto overtime. Once here, Seattle won the coin toss and gained possession to start the extra period. In this overtime, five drives took place featuring an interception at the goal line, a missed field goal and a game-winning 42 yard field goal as time expired to give Seattle the win.

Aside from this victory, the underdog Falcons put together their greatest performance of the season to stun the 7-1 New Orleans Saints in the Mercedes Benz Superdome. In his first game back from injury, Matt Ryan threw for 182 yards and two touchdowns to help conquer the Saints. The Atlanta defense also stepped up in this contest, putting together six sacks as a team after only recording seven in the previous eight games.

Another team to pull off a substantial upset, the Tennessee Titans, ruined the return of Patrick Mahomes in a game where Mahomes threw for over 400 yards and three touchdowns. On the other side of the ball, Tennessee quarterback Ryan Tannehill threw for 181 yards and two touchdowns and running back Derrick Henry ran for 188 yards and two touchdowns. These spectacular performances led the team to an eventual go-ahead score. However, on the next possession, Kansas City marched down the field and set their kicker up for a 52 yard field goal. The Titans proceeded to block the kick and claim a victory.

Looking ahead to the fantasy football playoffs, there are a few players to pick up for the rest of the season and make a push for the postseason. These players include quarterback Kirk Cousins who has averaged 17.2 points per game and is only owned in around 60% of leagues. Another player, running back Jamaal Williams, has averaged 11.9 points per game this year and is owned in 67.3% of leagues.

Stay tuned next week for a recap on week eleven of the NFL season. For the last Fantasy Football Talk, read Blog: Fantasy football talk, week No. 8.

For more articles read Boys basketball prepares for season through extra practice, bonding and She Loves Me features comedic musical numbers, captivates audience.

Kyle Clem can be reached via Twitter @KyleClem5 and via email.