Annual Home EC Christmas blankets

Kimberly Bell’s Home Economic class makes twelve fleece blankets to donate to various charities such as Evangel Home, Family Healing Center and The Fresno Rescue Mission for the holidays, Dec. 2. 

Bell has taught home ec for seven years and has been donating blankets to these charities since 2016.

[/media-credit] Students got to take a class trip to Joanns and hand-pick fabric to take back to class and tie together.

I think it is important to teach the students the importance of giving back and taking the focus off ourselves,” Bell said.  “It’s so easy to get focused on gift giving and receiving but we should really be looking out for those in need.”

Bell enjoys working with reputable agencies because it gives her confidence that the blankets will go to people who really need them.

We spend time as a class praying over them knowing the Lord will direct where they should go and who should receive them,” Bell continues. “It’s a small thing we can do as a class to be the fingertips of Christ in this special way.”

Senior Andrew Scully shares the importance of blessing others during the holidays.

“It’s very important to bless others during the holidays to show how much you appreciate them,” Scully said, “Doing nice things for others shows them that you care about them.”

For more photos, visit the Media page.

For more articles, read Moving Forward: The purpose of the Holy Spirit (Podcast) and Kemya Hopkins challenged on the soccer field.