FCS brings back school rallies

Fresno Christian leadership brings back FCS pep rallies after a four-year hiatus, March 23. In charge of referring and keeping up class energy were juniors Jake Wyatt and Jenna Obwald along with leadership advisors Robert Foshee and Aubri Foster. Four years ago Fresno Christian shut down school rallies, stopping the enjoyment of the competition between classes.  

Each class got the opportunity to vote on different music genres helping determine the theme. 

• Seniors: rap
  • Juniors: rock and roll 
  • Sophomores: pop
  • Freshmen: country 

Students competed in games such as hungry hungry hippos, musical chairs, and dodgeball. Points were also awarded to the class with the most spirit and best dressed. After three hard-fought games, the winner of dodgeball and musical chairs was taken by the junior class. On the other hand, sophomores defeated the upper and lower classes in hungry hungry hippos. 

Two awards were given out by the end of the rally. The freshmen class was given the award of best dressed. The class with the most spirit was designated to be the sophomores.

Putting up a fight, each class fought for first place. All in all, fourth place was given to the freshmen class with 1,300 points, third place was given to the sophomore class with 1,775 points, and second place was given to the junior class with 1,800 points. The senior class won a total of 1,825 points, receiving a free lunch as their prize.

The rally was a hit among the students, bringing excitement and anticipation for an encore in the near future. The next rally is expected to occur in the upcoming school year.

To read from The Feather, visit Fentanyl crisis impacts teens, disregards stereotypes or Resurgence of antisemitism across U.S.

FCS high school rally recap: