Football defensive star returns

Everyday ? the same thing. Run hard, complete unbelievable passes, and try not to let the scorching heat get to your head. Of course, all of this is easy if running down a man on foot brings a smile to your face.

For senior Daniel Kaiser, football represents more than just a game. With a father in law enforcement, Kaiser not only plays defense on the field, but also intends to make it his life’s profession.

Daniel, the younger of his two brothers Bryan, ?07, and Andrew, ?05, carries the responsibility and willingness to lead, despite the possibility of injury.

With a legacy comparable to that of Peyton Manning, Kaiser opted to return to his inherited ways and defend the Eagle?s territory for his third and last football season rather than watch from the sidelines.

?You get physically beaten and must focus your mind to get past being tired and do your assignment,? Kaiser said. ?It teaches you so many life lessons that are too numerous to count.?

Throughout his four-year career as safety and wide receiver, Kaiser reflects back on his early days on junior varsity with a sense of irony.

?My freshman year I was on Liberty?s team and we were playing Fresno Christian,? Kaiser said, ?I caught a pass, turned to run, and Ryan Brunn lit me up. It was painful at the time but now I look back and laugh because now we are on the same team.?

Among those who devote their time and diligence to the game, seven-year veteran and All-League defensive end Walter Scott, ?08, enjoys the physicality of hitting his opponents, regardless of position on the field.

?My tenth grade year versus Farmersville I hit their QB so hard I knocked his helmet off,? Scott said. ?The sport calls for so much trust and teamwork, its like going to battle.?

The team?s first scrimmage against Parlier on Aug. 24 afforded the Eagle?s defense a huge highlight even though no official score was tallied.

?We held Parlier at the one yard line for a full set of downs,? Kaiser said. ?It was a huge lift to our team to stop their offense from gaining the important one yard.?

While high school football offers the constructive footing to build itself into a college career, post-graduate positions remain harder to grasp due to the broad spectrum of competitors available.

With only a year away from college, Kaiser remains optimistic and open towards the idea of playing college football.

?If nowhere else, [I?ll try] Fresno City. I?m going to try and walk-on the football team wherever I go. I’ll probably red-shirt my freshman year to get some experience.?

Though many undergraduates change majors multiple times before ending college, the agility, stamina, and teamwork displayed on the field allows student?s insight to their god-given talents.

?I want to be a U.S. Marshall or something involving law enforcement,? Kaiser said. ?I want to leave something behind that will last and be remembered when I?m gone, and fighting crime is the best way I know how.?

The Eagles first season game will be held at Clark Intermediate Stadium, 902 Fifth street, in Clovis on Aug. 31. The cost is $6 for adults, $4 for seniors, and $2 for students. Fresno Christian Junior High and High School students are admitted free with a ticket they may obtain in the offices on Friday.

For more information about the ’07 varsity football team, please read Coleton Hutchins Aug. 22 2007 article, Football coach determined to improve team.

For more information or directions to the game, contact the high school office at 293-1695, ext 5, or scroll to the toolbar at the corner of this online newspaper.