PSN sacrifices time

A group of women volunteer time, money and effort to serve campus students and faculty. They refer to themselves as PSN (Parent Support Network).

?Our main thing is to serve the staff and students,? Pam Lauber, PSN Co-President, said, ?we like to raise money by selling pizza, having bake sales and fundraisers. Once a student gets old enough to earn one, part of the money is given to buy plaques that they can win. It also supports $500 scholarships.?

PSN serves pizza to both students and staff once of month on a Wednesday. The profits made from pizza sales help fund activities such as school plays, grandparents day and classroom needs, like equipment for biology and math.

?I really look forward to getting pizza because I like it,? Andrew Biehler, ’08, said. “I think it?s yummy. I don?t really know where the money goes; I just assumed that it goes directly to buying books and school supplies. Even if the money doesn?t go to buying books, I still like the pizza.?

In addition to fundraising, members of the committee meet at least once a month to pray for students. The knowledge of this encourages those who seek comfort in the midst of hardship.

?I really like the fact that PSN prays about the students of Fresno Christian,? Ricky Lopez, ’11, said. ?There are things in my life that I feel I need prayer for and it?s good to know that there are people praying for me.?

The organization commits their time in an effort to help students through school; by showing them love and support.

For more information check out Kristina Palmer’s Nov. 17, 2006, article, PSN Supports a Christmas Story or call Lauber at (559)906-0038.

?It?s good to know that someone prays, cares and supports you,? Sarah Barnett, ’10, said. ?It?s reassuring and keeps me optimistic.?

PSN will next be on campus to serve a pizza lunch beginning at 11:35 A.M. on Sept. 12. No off campus passes for lunch will be honored without “pizza breath.”