PROMO: Drama presents Gift of the Magi

Heartwarming tale introduces Christmas season
Giada Gilmore Young

The Fresno Christian Drama program presents the “Gift of the Magi,” Nov. 30 and Dec. 1. This heartwarming Christmas show based on the story written by O. Henry will be directed by choral and drama teacher, Susan Ainley

The “Gift of the Magi” tells the story of a poor, young couple who must face the difficulty of buying Christmas gifts for each other with little money. This story takes a heartfelt look at the struggles of marriage, and how love is more valuable than any gift that money could buy. 

Giada Gilmore Young

The drama class is comprised of 15 students, 12 of whom are performing in the show. The class is a mix of students mostly high schoolers but there are also several eighth graders. The class has put in many long hours of rehearsals in preparation for the show; building sets, memorizing lines, and perfecting blocking. Each student plays a valuable role in the production of this show.

Ainley shares her thoughts on the show and her students. 

“‘Gift of the Magi’ is a beautiful play that I’ve produced in years past,” Ainley said. “But this cast has brought such emotional depth to the roles that it’s an entirely new play for me. It’s a timeless story of love and sacrifice, forgiveness and joy.”

The “Gift of the Magi” will be performed at 7 p.m. on Nov. 30 and Dec. 1 at Redemption Bible Church. Tickets will be sold at the door; $10 for general admission, $5 for students and seniors. 

To read more from The Feather visit, Theatre Arts considerations in the Fresno Area or CIF Victory: freshman standout takes first in impressive debut