[Video] Spikeball Tournament rallies student interest

Students make lunch fun with spikeball

Fresno Christian Leadership holds the annual high school Spikeball Tournament during lunch, Jan. 17-18. Students take a break from regular lunch and participate in watching or playing a game of Spikeball.

The second year of spikeball participation sees eight teams, each consisting of two people playing on four nets. Each group competes until only one remains.

Leadership began the event by playing music comprised of Christian tunes. Senior Kemya Hopkins,’24, is in charge of the playlist.

All eight team names were written up on a whiteboard at the start of the tournament. As the game progressed, more names had been taken off.

Hosted by Jake Wyatt,’24, and Tayla Tarlton,’26, the championship was both efficient and energetic. Students in the audience gathered in excitement to hear how many teams remained.

During the last day of spikeball championships the final two teams consist of Trevor Engelman,’25, and Aden Milwee,’25, play for the winning title against Colby Poplin,’24, and Andreas Fierro,’24. Poplin and Fierro walk away with the win.

To read more from The Feather visit Israel-Hamas Conflict Unpacked or Athlete Spotlight: Blake Bay