Announcement: 2011-11-15

WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR NOV. 15-18

Tuesday–Chapel schedule
    Chapel: The Gift of the Magi” ? Ground Zero Main ? 9:35 a.m.
    Lunch ? Spaghetti ? 12:45 p.m.
    Volleyball Intramurals ? FC Gym ? 12:45 p.m.

Wednesday–Half-day schedule
    No lunch

Thursday
    Lunch ? Burritos ? 12:35 p.m.
    Book Buddies ? Pinedale Elementary ? 12:00 p.m.
    Volleyball Intramurals ? FC Gym ? 12:35 p.m.

Friday–Chapel Schedule
    Chapel ? Ground Zero Main ? 12:10 p.m.
    Lunch ? Pasta ? 12:40 p.m.
    CSF meeting ? Room 621 ? 12:40 p.m.
    FCHS drama ? The Gift of the Magi“? 7 p.m. ? Ground Zero
    Volleyball Intramurals ? FC Gym ? 12:40 p.m.

Saturday

VOLLEYBALL INTRAMURALS
    Volleyball intramurals are scheduled for Nov. 15-18 at lunch time in the FC Gym. Teams must consist of three people, including one girl, and only one varsity girl volleyball player is allowed per team. Students may sign up outside of the high school office.

SOFTBALL WORKOUTS
    The softball workout has been moved from 12:30-2:00 p.m., Nov. 16 due to it being a half-day. The Nov. 18 practice is still from 3:30-4:45 p.m.

CSF TUTORING
    There will be no California Scholarship Federation tutoring after school Nov. 16 due to it being a half-day.

CSF MEETING
    All California Scholarship Federation members must attend the CSF meeting, Nov 18 at 12:35 p.m., to discuss the upcoming service project for the Angel Tree Foundation.

DRAMA PERFORMANCE
    The high school drama class will be presenting “The Gift of the Magi” Nov. 18 and 19 at 7 p.m. This classic tale is the perfect story to tell right in time for the holidays. Tickets may be purchased at the door of Ground Zero main for $5.

CHESS CLUB
    A new club will be starting up every Sat. called The Fresno Chess Club – Scholastic Chess. All students kindergarten to 12th grade are welcome to come and improve their game. The meetings will be in the FCS Music Suite from 1-4 p.m., free of charge.

BROTHER TO BROTHER
    There will be an off-campus lunch for big and little brothers Nov. 21 at 12:35 p.m. Please remember to sign out in front of the high school office and bring money for lunch.

CSF TUTORING
    Every Wed. at 3:05 p.m., California Scholarship Federation will be providing tutoring in Room 621. Help will be offered for free in all school subjects and all students are welcome to come.

LOST AND FOUND
    An iPhone was lost in the girls locker room Nov. 2 between 7-7:45 p.m. The owner of the phone is offering an award to the person who returns the phone. Also, a girls ring was found in the Fowler Gym, Nov. 1. Please talk to Lisa Dooley in the high school office if any information is found. All lost and found objects not claimed will be given to charity by Nov. 22.

SOFTBALL WORKOUTS
    Fall workouts for softball will continue for the rest of the semester, to Dec. 16, on Mon., Wed. and Fri from 3:30-4:45 p.m. All students interested may attend, but please come prepared with athletic clothes and shoes. If students own a bat, cleats and a glove, those are also needed. Mandatory practice for softball begins in January. For more information or questions, please contact Jeff Ragan at 559-259-6468 or [email protected].

BABY ADS
    Seniors who want a baby ad in the back of the Jostens yearbook must remember to turn the pictures and form in by Dec. 2. Late ads will not be taken. If parents or students have any questions, please contact the high school office or Molly Sargent.

SPORTS FEES
    All sports fees and the athletic packet with an attached physical are due before the athlete will be allowed to participate in a game. Please contact Michelle Regnerus in the athletic office with any questions. 299-2695, ext. 123. The school’s athletic home page for updates and information regarding sports may be found on www.hometeamsonline.com.

ART PRESENTATION
    A representative from the “Art Institutes,” Lori Wilkins, will be in Sharon Sharf’s Room 625 to give a presentation about the schools programs. If students are interested, check out of 5th period at 11:45 a.m., Dec. 7.

FRESNO STATE SCHOLARSHIP
    Seniors, if you are interested in attending California Scholarship Federation, in the fall and believe that you may qualify for a President’s Scholarship from the Smitcamp Family Honors College, please see Molly Sargent for application details.

COMMUNITY COLLEGE HONORS PROGRAMS
    Fresno City Community College and Willow International Community College both have honors programs available to qualifying students. Those would like to attend two years of community college and experience challenging classes with the promise of UC admission, see Molly Sargent for more details.

CLUB LUNCHES
    Any clubs and teams interested in earning money may fundraise a lunch on a Friday to raise money. Please contact Michelle Regnerus in the athletic office and call 559-299-1695 ext. 123 or 124.

SPIRIT PACKS
    The school spirit packs are available for $25 in Robert Foshee’s Room 608. Each pack includes a Nuthouse T-shirt, lanyard and bracelet. Spirit wear may be purchased in the high school office.

ATTENDANCE CALLS
    Parents, be sure to call Lisa Dooley in the junior high/high school office when your kids are going to miss a day of school. The telephone number is 299-1695, ext. 125

DATES TO REMEMBER–

NOVEMBER
    November 13-15 — College trip to SoCal.
    November 16 — Half day
    San Joaquin Valley Town Hall: Andrew Ross Sorkin
    November 18-19 — Drama presents “The Gift of the Magi”
    November 23-25 — Thanksgiving break

DECEMBER
    December 7 — Art presentation, Room 625
    December 14 — Half day
    December 16 — First semester ends, half day

JANUARY
    January 9 — Second semester begins