[Podcast] FC EagleCast, Episode No. 4 – Angie Counts

Counts recounts her history and travels
Natalie Garcia
Sophomores Garrett Alvis, Matthew Tacchino chat with Math teacher Angie Counts on the latest episode of EagleCast.

Sophomore Matthew Tacchino hopes to bring the students of Fresno Christian meaningful conversations with students and staff members in a reoccurring podcast series called EagleCast. Covering issues most teens deal with today along with seeking wisdom and deeper understanding from those who have traversed these roads before. Hope you enjoy this Feather podcast series. 

After more than 10 years teaching at FCS, Angie Counts is known for her humor and sarcasm. She teaches Math 2 and Math 3 to freshmen, sophomores and juniors alike. Her spunky personality comes out in the way she teaches, leads, and interacts with students.

Counts faith is an anchor in her life and has been since she was a teenager. 

“I grew up in a Christian family and all that stuff, but once I turned 14, I really made it mine,” Counts said. “It was just me and God.” 

Math teacher Angie Counts. (Natalie Garcia)

Students may be surprised to learn that she originally grew up in the American South during the Civil Rights Movement, and, due to mission trips, has been to many European countries, as well as Mexico. 

The Eagles  have expressed how much they love Counts’ fun little euphemisms she has coined throughout the years, like “scoopies,” which refers to the math order of operations of FOIL. Her students all know what scoopies are. 

Listeners can look forward to discovering fascinating new facts and insight into their teachers’ lives through the EagleCast. Be sure to look out for the next episode coming soon!

Mobile App listen here.

For more from The Feather visit the podcast with new Bible teacher Brian Butler.

Matthew Tacchino
Matthew Tacchino, Journalist
Matthew Tacchino, a sophomore at Fresno Christian high school is the creator and voice behind the newest podcast, EagleCast. Tacchino hopes to bring a deeper connection to the FCS community through his writing and media as he learns more about journalism. In his free time he enjoys cooking up a good meal and enjoying a good movie. After high school he hopes to marry and advance his love for nutrition and the culinary arts as a restaurant owner.