Announcement: 2012-01-19

WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR JAN. 19-20
    By Julianne King, Writer

Thursday— Chapel schedule
    Lunch ? Sandwich ? 12:40 p.m.
    Chapel ? Ground Zero Main ? 12:40 p.m.
    Baseball meeting ? Room 606 ? 12:40 p.m.

Friday— Wear Your Glasses Day
    Lunch ? Empanadas ? 12:35 p.m.
    JV Boys Basketball ? Tranquility High School ? 7:30 p.m.
    Boys Basketball ? Tranquility High School ? 3:30 p.m.
    Boys Soccer ? Tranquility High School ? 3 p.m.
    Girls Soccer ? North Field 3:30 p.m.

BASEBALL MEETING
    Any high school boys interested in playing baseball this year there will be having a meeting, Jan. 19 in Room 606 at 12:40 p.m. Coach Chris Heinz will be discussing the season and answering any questions the students have.

SPANISH FUNDRAISER
    The Spanish Club will be having its annual empanada lunch fundraiser this Jan. 20 at 12:35 p.m. The meal includes two meat empanadas, salsa and chips and one churro Lemonade and extra churros will be for sale for $1 each. Proceeds will go to pay for the Mariachi band for the Cinco de Mayo fiesta.

DRESS-UP DAY
    Jan. 20 is “Wear Your Glasses Day.” Everyone in junior high and high school can participate. Any types of glasses are acceptable. During this day, the school will also be accepting any old or used glasses that students do not need anymore. Each class will get points for students wearing their glasses.

NOTS
    Any high school boys preparing to ask a girl to NOTS, notify Bri Graff or Molly Sargent so a yearbook picture can be taken. No secret askings will be revealed beforehand though.

PARKING PASS
    All students who wish to park their vehicles in the Building 6 and gym parking lots must purchase or renew a parking pass. If already in possession of a parking pass, renew it by paying the $10 semester fee to Lisa Dooley in the high school office. For students without a pass and who would like one, see Molly Sargent for the form. Students who park in the school lots without a pass are subject to a warning first and then disciplinary measures. All fees collected go into the high school yearbook account to help the yearbook remain affordable. All renewal fees are due by January 20.

CHESS CLUB
    A new club will be starting up every Sat. called The Fresno Chess Club – Scholastic Chess. All students kindergarten to 12th grade are welcome to come and improve their game. The meetings will be in the FCS Music Suite from 1-4 p.m., free of charge.

CSF APPLICATIONS
    Second semester applications for California Scholarship Federation are now available from Molly Sargent in Room 621. The last day to apply for membership is January 24, 3 p.m. A copy of your first semester transcript and $5 dues must be turned in with the application.

SISTER2SISTER
    Any junior or senior girl interested in being an older sister for Sister2Sister, please talk to Hallie Rojeski in Room 628.

SPRING SPORTS
    Signups are now outside of the Athletic Office for spring sports. The upcoming sports are baseball, boys tennis and track.

CSF TUTORING
    Every Wed. at 3:05 p.m., the California Scholarship Federation club will be providing tutoring in Room 621. Help will be offered for free in all school subjects and all students are welcome to come.

UPSTAIRS BATHROOM
    All students, especially athletes, need to change in the FC Gym lockeroom and not in the upstairs bathroom. These bathrooms are open to people who visit the Peoples Campus. Backpacks, purses, computers, etc are not secure.

LETTERMAN JACKETS
    Any student athletes who are intrested in a letterman jacket should visit the Athletic Department. First String Sports has the jackets in stock. All of the jackets must be one kind and color with the base color as gray.

ATTENDANCE CALLS
    Parents, be sure to call Vickie Belmont in the junior high/high school office when your kids are going to miss a day of school and this includes sickness or personal trips. The telephone number is 299-1695, ext. 125.

SPORTS FEES
    All sports fees and the athletic packet with an attached physical are due before the athlete will be allowed to participate in a game. Please contact Michelle Regnerus in the athletic office with any questions. 299-2695, ext. 123. The school’s athletic home page for updates and information regarding sports may be found on www.hometeamsonline.com.

COMMUNITY COLLEGE HONORS PROGRAMS
    Fresno City Community College and Willow International Community College both have honors programs available to qualifying students. Those would like to attend two years of community college and experience challenging classes with the promise of UC admission, contact Molly Sargent. Additionally, The Feather Online outlined the application process through Viviana Hinojosa’s Nov. 29 article, “Honors Programs provide gateway into UCs.”

CLUB LUNCHES
    Any clubs and teams interested in earning money may fundraise a lunch on a Friday to raise money. Please contact Michelle Regnerus in the Athletic Office and/or call 559-299-1695, ext. 123 or 124.

SPIRIT PACKS
    The school spirit packs are available for $25 in Robert Foshee’s Room 608. Each pack includes a Nuthouse T-shirt, lanyard and bracelet. Spirit wear may be purchased in the high school office. For more information, contact Robert Foshee.

DATES TO REMEMBER–

JANUARY
    January 25 — K-12 Half-day

FEBRUARY
    February 13 — Lincoln’s Birthday – No school
    February 15 — K-12 Half-day
    February 20 — Washington’s Birthday – No school

MARCH
    March 21 — K-12 Half-day

APRIL
    April 2-9 — Easter Break – No school

MAY
    May 2 — K-12 Half-day
    May 24 — K-12 Half-day
    May 24 — Graduation, Peoples Church Sanctuary
    May 25 — Last day of school