Announcement: 2012-01-23

WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR JAN. 23-27
    By Julianne King, Writer

Monday
    Lunch ? Cheeseburger ? 12:35 p.m.
    Spanish meeting ? Room 603 ? 3 p.m.
    Baseball meeting ? Music Suite ? 6 p.m.
    Brother to Brother ? 12:35 p.m.
    Softball meeting ? Room 608 ? 6 p.m.

Tuesday— Chapel schedule
    Lunch ? Mac and Cheese ? 12:45 p.m.
    Chapel ? Ground Zero Main ? 9:35 a.m.
    Boys Basketball ? Caruthers High School ? 8 p.m.
    JV Boys Basketball ? Caruthers High School ? 3:30 p.m.
    Girls Basketball ? Caruthers High School ? TBA
    Girls Soccer ? Caruthers High School ? 4:30 p.m.
    Boys Soccer ? Caruthers High School ? 6:30 p.m.

Wednesday— Half-day schedule

Thursday–Chapel schedule
    Lunch ? Sandwich ? 12:40 p.m.
    Chapel ? Ground Zero Main ? 12:10 p.m.
    Boys Soccer ? Fowler High School ? 3:30 p.m.

Friday
    Lunch ? Tri Tip ? 12:35 p.m.
    Boys Basketball ? FC Gym ? 4:30 p.m.
    Girls Basketball ? FC Gym ? 6 p.m.
    Girls Soccer ? North Field ? 3 p.m.

BROTHER TO BROTHER
    All big and little brothers will be going off-campus for lunch together, Jan 23 at 12:35 p.m. Please remember to bring money for lunch and check out in the high school office.

SPANISH CLUB
    There will be a short officers meeting, Jan 23 at 3 p.m in Room 603. On Jan. 27, there will be a Spanish Club meeting. Guest speaker Patty Sue will be sharing about her work and experience at Casa de Fe, an orphanage in Ecuador. Please be prompt and wear the club T-shirt.

BASEBALL MEETING
    There will be a meeting for baseball players and parents, Jan. 23 at 6 p.m. in the Music Suite. It will be a chance for players to meet their new coach, Noah Heinz. He will outline his plan for the season and share his vision for the future of FCHS baseball.

SOFTBALL MEETING
    There will be a softball meeting for parents and players for winter and non-winter sport athletes this Jan. 23 at 6 p.m. in Room 608.

CSF APPLICATIONS
    Second semester applications for California Scholarship Federation are now available from Molly Sargent in Room 621. The last day to apply for membership is January 24, 3 p.m. A copy of your first semester transcript and $5 dues must be turned in with the application.

TALENT SHOW AUDITIONS
    Any students with a talent and interested in performing in the WSL talent show, tryouts are Feb. 6-8 at 3 p.m. All acts are welcome and the top two acts chosen will represent our school. Other competing schools are Parlier, Tranquility and Firebaugh High School. The top act out of all these schools will win $100.

CSF TUTORING
    Every Wed. at 3:05 p.m., the California Scholarship Federation club will be providing tutoring in Room 621. Help will be offered for free in all school subjects and all students are welcome to come.

STATE OF THE SCHOOL ADDRESS
    Superintendent Debbie Siebert will hold the third annual State of the School Address on Jan. 30 at 7:00 pm in the Peoples Church Music Suite, Building 9. As a school community, it is beneficial for everyone involved to have a clear understanding of how well we are meeting the mission of Fresno Christian Schools. Along with reporting on the school program, Mrs. Siebert will present information regarding the financial picture of our school. The involvement of the people in the school will unify our efforts to improve it.

SPORT CLOTHES
    All changes for sports in the should be in the gym, not in the Building 6 bathrooms. The bathrooms are open to the public utilizing Peoples Church, and not the locker rooms. Backpacks, duffle bags, computers, purses, etc. are not secure.

NOTS
    Any high school boys preparing to ask a girl to NOTS, notify Bri Graff or Molly Sargent so a yearbook picture can be taken. No secret askings will be revealed beforehand though.

SISTER2SISTER
    Any junior or senior girl interested in being an older sister for Sister2Sister, please talk to Hallie Rojeski in Room 628.

SPRING SPORTS
    Signups are now outside of the Athletic Office for spring sports. The upcoming sports are baseball, boys tennis and track.

UPSTAIRS BATHROOM
    All students, especially athletes, need to change in the FC Gym lockeroom and not in the upstairs bathroom. These bathrooms are open to people who visit the Peoples Campus. Backpacks, purses, computers, etc are not secure.

CHESS CLUB
    A new club will be starting up every Sat. called The Fresno Chess Club – Scholastic Chess. All students kindergarten to 12th grade are welcome to come and improve their game. The meetings will be in the FCS Music Suite from 1-4 p.m., free of charge.

LETTERMAN JACKETS
    Any student athletes who are intrested in a letterman jacket should visit the Athletic Department. First String Sports has the jackets in stock. All of the jackets must be one kind and color with the base color as gray.

ATTENDANCE CALLS
    Parents, be sure to call Vickie Belmont in the junior high/high school office when your kids are going to miss a day of school and this includes sickness or personal trips. The telephone number is 299-1695, ext. 125.

SPORTS FEES
    All sports fees and the athletic packet with an attached physical are due before the athlete will be allowed to participate in a game. Please contact Michelle Regnerus in the athletic office with any questions. 299-2695, ext. 123. The school’s athletic home page for updates and information regarding sports may be found on www.hometeamsonline.com.

COMMUNITY COLLEGE HONORS PROGRAMS
    Fresno City Community College and Willow International Community College both have honors programs available to qualifying students. Those would like to attend two years of community college and experience challenging classes with the promise of UC admission, contact Molly Sargent. Additionally, The Feather Online outlined the application process through Viviana Hinojosa’s Nov. 29 article, “Honors Programs provide gateway into UCs.”

CLUB LUNCHES
    Any clubs and teams interested in earning money may fundraise a lunch on a Friday to raise money. Please contact Michelle Regnerus in the Athletic Office and/or call 559-299-1695, ext. 123 or 124.

SPIRIT PACKS
    The school spirit packs are available for $25 in Robert Foshee’s Room 608. Each pack includes a Nuthouse T-shirt, lanyard and bracelet. Spirit wear may be purchased in the high school office. For more information, contact Robert Foshee.

DATES TO REMEMBER–

JANUARY
    January 25 — K-12 Half-day

FEBRUARY
    February 13 — Lincoln’s Birthday – No school
    February 15 — K-12 Half-day
    February 20 — Washington’s Birthday – No school

MARCH
    March 21 — K-12 Half-day

APRIL
    April 2-9 — Easter Break – No school

MAY
    May 2 — K-12 Half-day
    May 24 — K-12 Half-day
    May 24 — Graduation, Peoples Church Sanctuary
    May 25 — Last day of school