Announcement: 2012-02-07

WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR FEB. 7-10

By Julianne King, Writer

Tuesday-Chapel schedule
    Lunch ? Sandwich ? 12:45 p.m.
    Boys Basketball ? FC Gym ? 7:30 p.m.
    Girls Basketball ? FC Gym ? 6 p.m.
    Boys Soccer ? North Field ? 3 p.m.
    Brother to Brother ? Room 629 ? 12:45 p.m.

Wednesday
    Lunch ? Pizza ? 12:35 p.m.
    CSF Tutoring ? Room 621 ? 3:05 p.m.
    Girls Soccer ? North Field ? 3 p.m.

Thursday-Chapel schedule
    Lunch ? Sandwich ? 12:40 p.m.
    Girls Soccer ? North Field ? 3 p.m.

Friday
    Lunch ? Burrito ? 12:35 p.m.
    CSF meeting ? Room 621 ? 12:35 p.m.
    Spanish Club ? Room 603 ? 12:35 p.m.

TALENT SHOW AUDITIONS
    Any students with a talent and interested in performing in the WSL talent show, tryouts are Feb. 6-8 at 3 p.m. All acts are welcome and the top two acts chosen will represent our school. Other competing schools are Parlier, Tranquillity and Firebaugh High School. The top act out of all these schools will win $100.

NOTS TICKETS
    The early bird price for NOTS tickets is $50 and regular price will be $55. You can ask an individual to go or go with a group. If a boys asks a girl in a creative way, the students may submit their plan to Student Leadership and have a chance to win two free tickets. NOTS will be Feb. 18.

ASVAB REVIEW
    Seniors who took the ASVAB test last month will be able to have their results reviewed and explained during second period, Feb. 8 in Room 621. Please plan on attending this session as there will be helpful information regarding your results and possible career options.

SENIOR NIGHT
    Senior night for girls soccer will be Feb. 9 on the North Field. Senior athletes and their parents will be honored before the start of the game. Senior night for girls basketball, boys basketball, boys soccer and cheer will be Feb. 10. All athletes and their parents will be honored before the start of their game also. Please contact the athletic office with any questions.

CSF OFF-CAMPUS LUNCH
    All non-senior California Scholarship Federation members are entitled to go off-campus for lunch twice each month on the second and fourth Wednesdays. Please pick up a permission form from Molly Sargent in Room 621 in order to activate this privilege. The first off-campus lunch will be Feb. 8th.

CSF TUTORING
    Every Wed. at 3:05 p.m., the California Scholarship Federation club will be providing tutoring in Room 621. Help will be offered for free in all school subjects and all students are welcome to come.

SPANISH CLUB
    All Spanish Club students should remember to wear their t-shirt to the meeting, Feb. 10 in Room 603 at 12:35 p.m. in order to win more points.

MISSING ITEMS
    These items are missing from these students: Brieann Winchell’s grafting calculator, Stephan Melendez’s calculator with a blue face, and Summer Villanueba’s dark Samsung touch-screen phone with a ‘gears of war’ sticker on the back. If found, please returns these items to the students or to the high school office.

YEARBOOK
    The yearbook editors are putting a literary magazine into the yearbook to showcase our student body’s artistic talent. If students have any sort of talent such as paintings, 3D sculptures, embroidery, poetry, etc, please submit it to Molly Sargent by Feb. 10th. The staff will scan your work and return it to students promptly.

CSF TUTORING

CHESS CLUB
    A new club will be starting up every Sat. called The Fresno Chess Club – Scholastic Chess. All students kindergarten to 12th grade are welcome to come and improve their game. The meetings will be in the FCS Music Suite from 1-4 p.m., free of charge.

SOPHOMORE CLASS RINGS
    Jostens will be on campus Feb. 28, from 5:30-7:00 p.m. at the west end of Building 6 to take orders for sophomore class rings. If students can not make this ordering, they may turn in their packets to the high school office. Orders are due Feb. 28.

SPRING SPORTS
    Signups are now outside of the Athletic Office for spring sports. The upcoming sports are baseball, boys tennis and track.

SPORT CLOTHES
    All changes for sports in the should be in the gym, not in the Building 6 bathrooms. The bathrooms are open to the public utilizing Peoples Church, and not the locker rooms. Backpacks, duffle bags, computers, purses, etc. are not secure.

NOTS
    Any high school boys preparing to ask a girl to NOTS, notify Bri Graff or Molly Sargent so a yearbook picture can be taken. No secret askings will be revealed beforehand though.

UPSTAIRS BATHROOM
    All students, especially athletes, need to change in the FC Gym lockeroom and not in the upstairs bathroom. These bathrooms are open to people who visit the Peoples Campus. Backpacks, purses, computers, etc are not secure.

LETTERMAN JACKETS
    Any student athletes who are intrested in a letterman jacket should visit the Athletic Department. First String Sports has the jackets in stock. All of the jackets must be one kind and color with the base color as gray.

ATTENDANCE CALLS
    Parents, be sure to call Vickey Belmont in the junior high/high school office when your kids are going to miss a day of school and this includes sickness or personal trips. The telephone number is 299-1695, ext. 125.

SPORTS FEES
    All sports fees and the athletic packet with an attached physical are due before the athlete will be allowed to participate in a game. Please contact Michelle Regnerus in the athletic office with any questions. 299-2695, ext. 123. The school’s athletic home page for updates and information regarding sports may be found on www.hometeamsonline.com.

CLUB LUNCHES
    Any clubs and teams interested in earning money may fundraise a lunch on a Friday to raise money. Please contact Michelle Regnerus in the Athletic Office and/or call 559-299-1695, ext. 123 or 124.

SPIRIT PACKS
    The school spirit packs are available for $25 in Robert Foshee’s Room 608. Each pack includes a Nuthouse T-shirt, lanyard and bracelet. Spirit wear may be purchased in the high school office. For more information, contact Robert Foshee.

DATES TO REMEMBER–

FEBRUARY
    February 13 — Lincoln’s Birthday – No school
    February 15 — K-12 Half-day
    February 20 — Washington’s Birthday – No school
    February 28 — Jostens Ring Ordering

MARCH
    March 21 — K-12 Half-day
    March 7-10 — Music Department at ACSI Festival
    March 11-17 — CSPA Journalism at Columbia University, NYC

APRIL
    April 2-9 — Easter Break – No school

MAY
    May 2 — K-12 Half-day
    May 24 — K-12 Half-day
    May 24 — Graduation, Peoples Church Sanctuary
    May 25 — Last day of school