Announcement: 2012-02-09

WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR FEB. 9-10

By Julianne King, Writer

Thursday-Chapel schedule
    Lunch ? Sandwich ? 12:40 p.m.
    Chapel ? Ground Zero Main ? 12:10 p.m.
    Girls Soccer: Senior Night ? North Field ? 3 p.m.

Friday
    Lunch ? Burrito ? 12:35 p.m.
    Boys Soccer: Senior Night ? North Field ? 3 p.m.
    Girls Basketball: Senior Night ? FC Gym ? 6 p.m.
    Boys Basketball: Senior Night ? FC Gym ? 7:30 p.m.
    Spanish Club ? Room 603 ? 12:35 p.m.

KMPH TO AIR SPORTS FEATURE ON EAGLES TONIGHT
    Ralph Wood informed The Feather Online that he will be airing a feature on the varsity boys basketball team during his sports segment tonight (Feb. 9) on the KMPH Ten O’Clock News.

SENIOR NIGHT
    Senior night for girls soccer will be Feb. 9 on the North Field. Senior athletes and their parents will be honored before the start of the game. Senior night for girls basketball, boys basketball, boys soccer and cheer will be Feb. 10. All athletes and their parents will be honored before the start of their game also. Please contact the athletic office with any questions.

VARSITY BOYS EARN NO. 1 RANKING IN STATE’s CENTRAL SECTION
    For the first time in FCS history, a varsity team has been ranked No. 1 in the State’s Central Section in Division V. The varsity boys basketball team is currently the top team in California according to MaxPreps.com. After the boys defeated Tranquillity earlier this week and after the previous leader, Westwood, lost their latest game, the FC Eagles are now the No. 1 team. The Eagles will next host Division IV power Caruthers in a WSL game that will likely determine who wins the league title, Feb. 10. The game also has other importance as it is Senior Night and will also include the unveiling of the 2010 girls Valley championship banner and the 2011 boys Valley championship flag. The girls game is 6 p.m. while the boys tip off around 8 p.m. The Senior Night festivities are scheduled before each game.

CANDY GRAMS
    California Junior Scholarship Federation can still accept Candy Gram forms and money until 1 p.m. Feb. 9.

SPANISH CLUB
    All Spanish Club students should remember to wear their t-shirt to the meeting, Feb. 10 in Room 603 at 12:35 p.m. in order to win more points.

CHESS CLUB
    A new club will be starting up every Sat. called The Fresno Chess Club – Scholastic Chess. All students kindergarten to 12th grade are welcome to come and improve their game. The meetings will be in the FCS Music Suite from 1-4 p.m., free of charge.

NOTS TICKETS
    The early bird price for NOTS tickets is $50 and regular price will be $55. You can ask an individual to go or go with a group. If a boys asks a girl in a creative way, the students may submit their plan to Student Leadership and have a chance to win two free tickets. NOTS will be Feb. 18.

DETENTION WARNING
    Michelle Warkentin will now be monitoring all tardies and holding detention on Mondays for the students who qualify.

ID PICTURES
    These following students need to get their ID photos taken on Feb. 16 at 12:40 p.m.: Alisha Gray, Jordan Gray, Sydney Belmont, Suzannah Carroll, Marissa De La Pena, Junbeom Park, Triton Seibert, Jenna Weimer, Kaelene Presson, Abigail Cowan and Alexis Cowan.

CSF TUTORING
    Every Wed. at 3:05 p.m., the California Scholarship Federation club will be providing tutoring in Room 621. Help will be offered for free in all school subjects and all students are welcome to come.

MISSING ITEMS
    These items are missing from these students: Brieann Winchell’s grafting calculator, Stephan Melendez’s calculator with a blue face, and Summer Villanueba’s dark Samsung touch-screen phone with a ‘gears of war’ sticker on the back. If found, please returns these items to the students or to the high school office.

YEARBOOK
    The yearbook editors are putting a literary magazine into the yearbook to showcase our student body’s artistic talent. If students have any sort of talent such as paintings, 3D sculptures, embroidery, poetry, etc, please submit it to Molly Sargent by Feb. 10th. The staff will scan your work and return it to students promptly.

CSF TUTORING

SOPHOMORE CLASS RINGS
    Jostens will be on campus Feb. 28, from 5:30-7:00 p.m. at the west end of Building 6 to take orders for sophomore class rings. If students can not make this ordering, they may turn in their packets to the high school office. Orders are due Feb. 28.

SPRING SPORTS
    Signups are now outside of the Athletic Office for spring sports. The upcoming sports are baseball, boys tennis and track.

SPORT CLOTHES
    All changes for sports in the should be in the gym, not in the Building 6 bathrooms. The bathrooms are open to the public utilizing Peoples Church, and not the locker rooms. Backpacks, duffle bags, computers, purses, etc. are not secure.

NOTS
    Any high school boys preparing to ask a girl to NOTS, notify Bri Graff or Molly Sargent so a yearbook picture can be taken. No secret askings will be revealed beforehand though.

UPSTAIRS BATHROOM
    All students, especially athletes, need to change in the FC Gym lockeroom and not in the upstairs bathroom. These bathrooms are open to people who visit the Peoples Campus. Backpacks, purses, computers, etc are not secure.

LETTERMAN JACKETS
    Any student athletes who are intrested in a letterman jacket should visit the Athletic Department. First String Sports has the jackets in stock. All of the jackets must be one kind and color with the base color as gray.

ATTENDANCE CALLS
    Parents, be sure to call Vickey Belmont in the junior high/high school office when your kids are going to miss a day of school and this includes sickness or personal trips. The telephone number is 299-1695, ext. 125.

SPORTS FEES
    All sports fees and the athletic packet with an attached physical are due before the athlete will be allowed to participate in a game. Please contact Michelle Regnerus in the athletic office with any questions. 299-2695, ext. 123. The school’s athletic home page for updates and information regarding sports may be found on www.hometeamsonline.com.

CLUB LUNCHES
    Any clubs and teams interested in earning money may fundraise a lunch on a Friday to raise money. Please contact Michelle Regnerus in the Athletic Office and/or call 559-299-1695, ext. 123 or 124.

SPIRIT PACKS
    The school spirit packs are available for $25 in Robert Foshee’s Room 608. Each pack includes a Nuthouse T-shirt, lanyard and bracelet. Spirit wear may be purchased in the high school office. For more information, contact Robert Foshee.

DATES TO REMEMBER–

FEBRUARY
    February 13 — Lincoln’s Birthday – No school
    February 15 — K-12 Half-day
    February 18 — NOTS at The Grand on 10 in downtown Fresno
    February 20 — Washington’s Birthday – No school
    February 28 — Jostens Ring Ordering

MARCH
    March 7-10 — Music Department at ACSI Festival
    March 11-17 — CSPA Journalism at Columbia University, NYC
    March 21 — K-12 Half-day

APRIL
    April 2-9 — Easter Break – No school

MAY
    May 2 — K-12 Half-day
    May 24 — K-12 Half-day
    May 24 — Graduation, Peoples Church Sanctuary
    May 25 — Last day of school