Announcement: 2008-11-25

By: The Feather Editors

SCHEDULE FOR NOVEMBER 24-28, 2008

MONDAY
    Spanish II class field trip – 11:30 a.m.
    Lunch – Pasta w/ bread sticks & gelato

TUESDAY
    Lunch – Pita Pit
    Baseball meeting – Room 623, 12:35 p.m.

WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
    Thanksgiving vacation – NO SCHOOL

SATURDAY
    Cross Country State Championship @ Woodward Park, 2 p.m.

PARENT GRAD NIGHT MEETING
    The next grad night party meeting will be on Dec. 8 from 7-8:30 p.m. in Room 608.

DONATION COMPETITION
    FCHS is conducting a competition between classes to collect jackets and blankets for people in need. Items do not have to be new, but they must be clean with no holes or stains.

The blankets can be knitted, crocheted, wool, cotton or acrylic. Jackets can be in any size for children through adult men and women. Every item which comes in will add spirit points for your class: 20 points for blankets and 10 points for sweatshirts and jackets.

Find the proper class drop off points and leave donations in the bins. Do not take items from a bin or your class will lose points. Currently, the freshman class has 80 points; the sophomores, 10 points; and the juniors and seniors have 0.

NOTS TICKETS
    Night of the Stars approaches on Jan. 24 and tickets are about to go on sale. They will cost $50 per person and will be sold from Nov. 31 through Dec. 18. The tickets will be sold only until the beginning of Christmas vacation.

SOPHOMORE SWEATSHIRTS
    UPDATE: New sweatshirts will be made for less cost in 1-2 weeks.

Sophomore sweatshirts are on sale. Check out the design posted on the high school office window. The cost is $50 and comes in adult sizes small through XXLarge. If you have any questions or to purchase one, see Kelsey Hart.

MANDATORY BASEBALL MEETING
    There will be a mandatory meeting for all boys interested in playing baseball on Tuesday, Nov. 25 at lunch. Location TBA.

OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD
    This year, the high school and elementary students will help donate to Operation Christmas Child. Those interested should turn in a box with the designated items to the elementary office. For more information, visit Dana King’s Nov. 19 article, Samaritan’s Purse pursues Christmas involvement.

OPERA TRIP
    Tom McEntee and Molly Sargent will be sponsoring a trip to see The Phantom Of The Opera at The Orpheum in San Francisco, Dec. 5. They will leave school at 2:30 p.m. (during 8th period) and return at approximately 1:30 a.m.

Students interested must pay a $100 fee to cover the ticket (balcony center) and the charter bus. A non-refundable payment of $50 is due by Oct. 31. The balance will be due in mid November. Students will need to bring additional money for dinner on the way; $20 is suggested, although extra money for programs and other souvenirs may be desired. For more information, contact Sargent or McEntee.

TUTORS NEEDED
    The Learning Resource Center is looking for a tutor to assist Algebra II students. There is also a need for tutoring elementary students after school. Please contact LRC director Lori Grossman in the LRC office to apply for the positions. The position pays $10 an hour.

CSF TUTORING PROGRAM
    CSF members will host a table for students to sign-up for the CSF tutoring program on Monday during lunch in the GZ courtyard. This program is a free service for students who need assistance with specific subjects on a temporary basis. For more information, contact CSF tutoring program director Natalie McCallum or CSF adviser Molly Sargent.

HS BOYS’ BIBLE STUDY
    Every Friday at lunch there is a Bible study for high schools boys in Room 623. Coach Sorenson will be there to lead the discussion. For more information, contact Sorenson.

USE OF COPIER IN THE OFFICES
    A reminder to the students: the copier machines in the offices are not for student use. If students wish to make copies, they are 10 cents each.

GIRLS’ BASKETBALL OPEN GYMDATES TO REMEMBER–

NOVEMBER
    Nov. 26-30 – Thanksgiving holiday break

DECEMBER
    Dec. 1 – End of Thanksgiving break
    Dec. 3 – Half day, teacher inservice
    Dec. 6 – SAT test date
    Dec. 15 – Fine Arts Christmas Concert
    Dec. 19 – End of first semester; half day
    Dec. 22-Jan. 11 – Christmas vacation