Announcement: 2012-03-15

WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR MARCH 15-17

By Julianne King, Writer

Thursday– Chapel schedule
    Journalism at Columbia University, ~ New York, NY ~ All day
    Lunch ~ Sandwich ~ 12:40 p.m.
    Chapel ~ Ground Zero Main ~ 12:10 p.m.

Friday
    Lunch ~ Pizza ~ 12:35 p.m.

Saturday
    Journalism ~ New York, NY ~ All day and return to SJ 10 p.m.
    FCS Auction ~ FC Gym ~ 5:30 p.m.

NSPA AND CROWN FINALIST
    The Feather Online has been recently announced as a National Scholastic Press Association finalist. Out of 159 entries, 31 were chosen as finalists. The winners for this Pacemaker award will be announced April 14 at the High School Journalism Convention in Seattle. Also, The Feather is a finalist for the Columbia Scholastic Press Association Gold Crown award. The winners will be announced March 16 at Columbia University. Both organizations utilized judging teams which included professionals and educators with extensive online media experience. They made their selections based on excellence in the following areas: content and coverage, site design, ease of navigation, interactivity/multimedia and writing and editing.

NEW YORK TRIP
    The Feather and Yearbook staff will be gone March 11-16 for the National Scholastic Press Association conference at Columbia University in New York. All week long, the group will be attending classes put on the conference and sightseeing the city.

FCS AUCTION
    The FCS Auction is the premier fundraising event with the proceeds enriching our programs and developing our campus. We are seeking quality donations to be sold at the auction that will be held on March 17, 2012, in the FC Gym in the Peoples Church campus. Donations are greatly appreciated. Popular items include new merchandise, gift certificates, handcrafted boutique items, all types of professional services, entertainment packages, vacation packages, recreational equipment and outings, collectibles, jewelry, electronic equipment, landscaping or gardening supplies, fancy desserts, and of course, cash to help with the cost of the event. Your creativity is the limit.

Please make a commitment to donate now! All donations to Fresno Christian Schools are tax deductible.
    For ticket information contact Susan Lee in the Central Office at 299-1695 ext. 100

GOLF ATTIRE
    To support the golf team and their upcoming season, students are encouraged to participate in the March 21 golf dress-up day. This attire includes: polos, khakis, slacks, argyles and other golf attire. All students that participate in this event will be given a free ice cream during lunch.

POWDER PUFF
    Sign-ups will be outside the high school office for girls for Powder Puff. Powder Puff will be on March 23 at 6 p.m. Boys can also sign up as cheerleaders!

DRESS CODE
    In an effort to tighten up on dress code violations, the school