Announcement: 2012-03-23

WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR MARCH 23

By Julianne King, Writer

Friday
    Lunch ~ TBA ~ 12:35 p.m.
    Spanish Club ~ Room 603 ~ 12:25 p.m.
    Powder Puff ~ North Field ~ 6 p.m.

SPANISH CLUB MEETING
    All Spanish Club students should be present at this meeting because the club is working on their projects for the spring activities. The club will be partnering with Peoples Church and will be making Easter baskets. Please remember to wear the shirt in order to get points toward a prize.

POWDER PUFF
    Sign-ups will be outside the high school office for girls for Powder Puff. Powder Puff will be on March 23 at 6 p.m. Boys can also sign up as cheerleaders!

WEEK OF WORSHIP
    All week for March 26-30, the school will be celebrating the Easter season with a week of worship. Tuesday and Thursday chapel schedule will be the same, but Monday and Friday will be an optional worship sessions during lunch.

FEATHER EARNS SILVER CROWN
    Over 3000 students from schools across the country attended the Columbia Scholastic Press Association (CSPA) journalism convention in New York City March 14-16. Of the thousands of web-based newspapers, only 182 online publications were eligible to compete for a CSPA Crown. From this list, only 25 papers either won a Silver or Gold Crown, both which are Columbia’s very highest honors. The Feather Online received a Silver Crown at this convention. The Feather won a Gold Crown the last two years and a Silver in 2009.

CSF CONFERENCE
    If California Scholarship Federation members would like to attend the Central Section CSF conference on April 14 in Porterville to support Brady as he vies for the Seymour Award, please see Molly Sargent March 20 to reserve your spot. The registration needs to be sent in ASAP, so please sign up today!

DETENTION WARNING
    Michelle Warkentin will now be monitoring all tardies and holding detention on Mondays for the students who qualify.

SPORT PICTURES
    On March 26 at 2 pm, in the FC Gym, the following sports will be taking their pictures: HS Tennis, HS Golf, HS Baseball, HS Softball, JH Girls Basketball and JH Baseball.

CAREER FAIR
    There will be a Career Fair on March 28. This is a mandatory event for all students in grades 7-12. This will be a half-day academic schedule with the Career Fair following from 12:30-3:00 p.m. It will be a great chance to learn about exciting careers from FCS alumni.

DRESS CODE
    In an effort to tighten up on dress code violations, the school