Announcement: 2009-08-31

SCHEDULE FOR AUGUST 31 – SEPTEMBER 6, 2009

MONDAY
    Musical arts uniform fitting – M-1, 6 p.m.
    Back to school night – GZ Main, 7 – 9:20 p.m.
    Lunch – “Breakfast for lunch” pancakes, bacon and fruit for $4 and water for $1

TUESDAY
    JH/HS combined chapel – GZ main, 9:35 a.m.
    Lunch – Pick Up Stix for $3.50 and water for $1

WEDNESDAY
    School dismissed at 12 noon

THURSDAY
    HS chapel – GZ main, 12:10 p.m.
    JV VB vs. Buchanan – FCS gym, 4 p.m.
    Lunch – barbecued hamburgers with salad for $4 and water for $1

FRIDAY
    Lunch – El Pollo Loco chicken tostada with grilled chicken breast, pinto beans, rice, lettuce, salsa and cheese with a side of dressing for $4.50 and water for $1

SATURDAY
    V VB @ Caruthers – Time TBA

BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT
    Back to school night is tonight. The event begins at 6:30 p.m. for JH parents in room 628 or 269; see schedule below for more information.

For all 9 – 12 graders, the event begins in GZ main at 7 p.m. Principal Todd Bennett will lead the meeting before dismissing parents to visit their student’s classrooms.

Last Friday, all students brought home individualized back to school night schedules for the parents; please bring this schedule.

Additionally, parents will be able to purchase spirit wear and VIP cards. Cheer will also serve cookies. Parents will have an opportunity to find out about the prayer needs of students and become involved in parent networking to support students and teachers.

The schedule will be:
    6:30 – 7:55, parents of 7th grade students meet in Room 629 for Los Angeles Trip info meeting
    6:30 – 7:55, parents of 8th grade students meet in Room 628 for Calvin Crest info meeting
    7:00 – 7:20 parents of 7th – 12th graders meet in GZ
    7:25 – 7:35 0 period
    7:40 – 7:50 1st period
    7:55 – 8:05 2nd period
    8:10 – 8:20 3rd period
    8:25 – 8:35 4th period
    8:40 – 8:50 5th period
    8:55 – 9:05 7th period
    9:10 – 9:20 8th period

MOMS IN TOUCH PRAYER GROUP
    Moms In Touch, a prayer group comprised of JH and HS moms, meets from 8 – 9 a.m. on Friday mornings in room 204 to pray on the behalf of students. All JH and HS parents are invited to join Moms In Touch every Friday. If a couple dads show up, a Dads In Touch group will be formed.

Room 204 is near the PC library. If anyone is unable to locate the room, come by the HS office to find out more. For further questions, please contact Gina Wathen at 322-9116.

SENIOR LUNCH PASSES
    Seniors who are late to 7th period will have their lunch pass taken away for one week after the first offense. The second tardiness will result in the pass being taken away for two weeks. On the third time the pass will be taken away for three weeks. The fourth tardiness will cause the lunch pass to be taken away for good.

ASVAB TESTING
    On Sept. 21 from 9:30 a.m. – 12 the ASVAB Career Exploration Program will take place. The test will be administered here on campus and is free for all high school students between 10th and 12th grade. Test results help students learn their strengths and talents which assists them in later career choices.

Please sign up in front of the office and grab a copy of the ASVAB Overview Guide to help your student prepare. Sign-ups end on Sept. 4th. Please see Molly Sargent, academic advisor, for details.

CSF APPLICATION
    CSF applications for all qualifying sophomores, juniors and seniors are available on the table in front of the office. Submit a copy of your transcript with your completed application and $5 dues to Molly Sargent in the office. Sign up in the office to obtain a transcript by Sept. 4. Applications will not be accepted after Sept. 8.

THE FEATHER WANTS YOU
    As a new year begins, so does the need for student involvement. The Feather, the high school newspaper, is in need of videographers, illustrators, podcastors and photographers. Please contact adviser Greg Stobbe if you have any interest in either joining one of three publications classes or participating independently.

LOST AND FOUND
    A men’s Citizen watch and a pair of girl’s sun glasses have been found and can be retrieved from the HS office.

BIG APPLE TRIP FOR YEARBOOK AND PUBLICATIONS STUDENTS AND PARENTS
    Publications and yearbook students and their parents have the opportunity to visit the Big Apple in March on a school-sponsored educational trip. Greg Stobbe plans to lead his 6th trip to New York City and attend Columbia University’s 86th annual journalism convention and workshop.

Stobbe sent home an interest form with all his publications students last Tuesday for parents to sign. Please return the form by today. Stobbe needs to know how many students and parents are interested in the trip. For more information, contact Stobbe at [email protected].

PSN BOARD MEMBERS NEEDED
    PSN needs a secretary and treasurer, as well as members for the board. No freshmen, sophomore or junior mothers have volunteered. Please contact Pam Powell at [email protected] or 977-5779.

DATES TO REMEMBER?

AUGUST
    Aug. 31 ? JH & HS back to school night

SEPTEMBER
    Sept. 7 ? Labor Day — no school
    Sept. 25 ? Grandparents’ Day

OCTOBER
    Oct. 16 ? Homecoming football and pageant
    Oct. 16 ? End of first quarter

NOVEMBER
    Nov. 25-29 ? Thanksgiving break

DECEMBER
    Dec. 18 ? End of first semester
    Dec. 19-Jan. 10 ? Christmas break

JANUARY
    Jan. 11, 2010 ? First day of second semester