Announcement: 2013-01-08

WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR JANUARY 8-11

By Natalie Griffin, Writer

Wednesday
    Lunch ~ Teriyaki Chicken ~ 12:35 p.m.

Thursday-Chapel
    Chapel ~ 12:10 p.m.
    Lunch ~ 12:40 p.m.

Friday
    Lunch ~ 12:35 p.m.

HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS SOFTBALL
    HS Softball practice will begin on Monday, Jan 7, 2013, for any non-winter sport female athletes. A completed Athletic Release Packet, including a physical, must be on file in the Athletic Office. Please see the Athletic Office with questions.

The next HS softball practice will be on Wednesday, 1/9/13. HS softball will now practice only on Mondays and Wednesdays through the end of January, until more players can come out.

SPANISH CLUB MEETING
    There will be a Spanish Club meeting this Friday, January 11. Missionaries working in Colombia will be our guest speakers. Maddie Yee stayed with them over the summer and they are delighted to come and talk to us all at the Spanish Club meeting. Come and see what God is doing there and find out how we can help to spread the Good News. Do not forget to wear our new club T-shirt for a fabuloso prize at the end of the semester. Let the competition start!

ASVAB TEST
    For All Students: We will be hosting the annual ASVAB test on Wed, January 23 from 8-10 a.m. in the MPR. This test is FREE and available to all students who are interested in finding out their INTEREST CODE which uses their skills and interests to determine which careers may be a good fit for them. Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity! Sign up with Mrs. Belmont in the downstairs office if you are interested.

SAT TESTING AND REGISTRATION DATES
    SAT Date:
    January 26
    March 9
    May 4
    June 1

Registration date:
    January 11 (late registration, by mail or online) for January 26
    February 8, 22 (late) for March 9
    April 5, 19 (late) for May 4
    May 2, 17 (late) for June 1

For more information, click here

FOLLOW THE FEATHER ON TWITTER
    The Feather Online continues to tweet each school day up-to-date news and happenings. All students, parents and community supporters need to do is sign up for an account and follow @thefeather on Twitter.

CSF TUTORING
    Anyone in need of tutoring for any subject can come and be tutored for free, or if you are looking to get some community service hours you can also sign up to be a tutor. Tutoring will be held in Molly Sargents’s room, 621, Wednesday’s 3:00-4:00 by members of CSF.

FULL LUNCH SCHEDULE
    To view a calender with all the lunch dates for the rest of this semester, click here.

FIVE-MINUTE MILE CLUB
    P.E. teacher Michael Ogden is hosting a challenge to high school students. Run a mile under 6 minutes and join an elite group of athletes. Congrats to the first three members of the 5-minute mile club (5:59 or less). If you see the following three freshman students, congratulate these on their accomplishments.

–Jon Anguiano: 5:45
    –Bailey Brogan: 5:46
    –Thomas Friesen: 5:58
    –Tyler Breedlove: 5:59
    –Damien Boyce: 5:50
    –Julian Castro: 5:43
    –Caleb Nale: 5:53
    –Nick Fontes: 5:56
    –Jacob Bynum: 5:57
    –Jordan Castro: 5:55

Anyone who earns this distinction is given a commemorative T-shirt and other tokens of appreciation. For more information, contact Ogden.

THE FEATHER NEEDS CAMPUS MEDIA
    The Feather needs videographers, photographers, and other media talents. Talk to Greg Stobbe, journalism adviser, if interested.

MUSIC DEPARTMENT NEEDS TALENT
    Junior and Senior High School students are strongly encouraged to join choir, band, percussion, and colorguard. Musical adviser Michael Ogdon needs a pianist for jazz band also; see him in the Music Suite. Principal Todd Bennett and Academic adviser Michelle Warkentin can make schedule changes that can enable you to participate.

FALL SPORT SIGNUPS
    Signups for fall sports in high school volleyball, football, cross country and track and junior high volleyball and cross country will be outside the athletic office. Football workouts for 8th-11th grade will begin May 15 and be held every Tues.-Fri. from 3:15-5:30 p.m.

DRESS CODE
    In an effort to tighten up on dress code violations, the school