Announcement: 2009-09-03

SCHEDULE FOR SEPT. 4 – 7, 2009

FRIDAY
    Lunch ? El Pollo Loco chicken tostada with grilled chicken breast, pinto beans, rice, lettuce, salsa and cheese with a side of dressing for $4.50, water for $1

SATURDAY
    Varsity volleyball at Caruthers – Time TBA

MONDAY, Sept. 7
    Labor Day, no school
    Marching band “Labor Evening” practice, 5 – 8 p.m.

ASVAB TESTING
    There are only 27 spots left for the ASVAB career exploration test which will take place from 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., Sept. 31. The test will be administered here on campus and is free for all high school students between 10th and 12th grade. Test results help students learn their strengths and talents to assist them in later career choices.

Sign up in front of the office and grab a copy of the ASVAB Overview Guide to help prepare. Sign-ups end on Sept. 4. Please see Molly Sargent, academic adviser, for details.

SLIDESHOWS ON THE FEATHER
    Photo slideshows are beginning on The Feather Online. Current slideshows include those attached to articles ? Convocation commemorates year’s beginning and Reforged squad takes first at camp. To watch the slideshow, click on the “View slideshow” link in the media section above the first photo.

MOMS IN TOUCH PRAYER GROUP
    Moms In Touch, a prayer group comprised of JH and HS moms, meets from 8 – 9 a.m. on Friday mornings in Room 204 to pray on the behalf of students. All JH and HS parents are invited to join Moms In Touch every Friday. If a couple dads show up, a Dads In Touch group will be formed.

Room 204 is near the PC library. If anyone is unable to locate the room, come by the HS office to find out more. For further questions, please contact Gina Wathen at 322-9116.

SENIOR LUNCH PASSES
    Seniors who are late to 7th period will have their lunch pass taken away for one week after the first offense. The second tardiness will result in the pass being taken away for two weeks. On the third time the pass will be taken away for three weeks. The fourth tardiness will cause the lunch pass to be taken away for all eternity.

CSF APPLICATIONS
    CSF applications for all qualifying sophomores, juniors and seniors are available on the table in front of the office. Submit a copy of your transcript with your completed application and $5 dues to Molly Sargent in the office. Sign up in the office to obtain a transcript by Sept. 4. Applications will not be accepted after Sept. 8.

THE FEATHER WANTS YOU
    As a new year begins, so does the need for student involvement. The Feather, the high school newspaper, is in need of videographers, illustrators, podcast hosts and photographers. Please contact adviser Greg Stobbe if you have any interest in either joining one of three publications classes or participating independently.

LOST AND FOUND
    A men’s Citizen watch and a pair of girl’s sun glasses have been found and can be retrieved from the HS office.

NEW YORK TRIP FOR PUBLICATIONS/YEARBOOK STUDENTS, PARENTS
    Publications and yearbook students and their parents have the opportunity to visit New York City in March on a school-sponsored educational trip. Greg Stobbe plans to lead his 6th trip there and attend Columbia University’s 86th annual journalism convention and workshop.

Stobbe sent home an interest form with all his publications students last Tuesday for parents to sign. Stobbe needs to know how many students and parents are interested in the trip. For more information, contact Stobbe at [email protected].

PSN BOARD MEMBERS NEEDED
    PSN needs a secretary and treasurer, as well as members for the board. No freshman, sophomore or junior mothers have volunteered. Please contact Pam Powell at [email protected] or at 977-5779.

DATES TO REMEMBER?

SEPTEMBER
    Sept. 7 ? Labor Day, no school
    Sept. 25 ? Grandparents’ Day

OCTOBER
    Oct. 16 ? Homecoming football and pageant
    Oct. 16 ? End of first quarter

NOVEMBER
    Nov. 25-29 ? Thanksgiving break

DECEMBER
    Dec. 18 ? End of first semester
    Dec. 19-Jan. 10 ? Christmas break

JANUARY
    Jan. 11, 2010 ? First day of second semester