Announcement: 2009-10-27

SCHEDULE FOR OCT. 29-31, 2009

THURSDAY – CHAPEL SCHEDULE
    Book buddies, Pinedale, 12 p.m.
    HS chapel, GZ main, 12:10 p.m.
    CSF meeting, 621, 12:45 p.m.
    Lunch, GZ quad, 12:45 p.m. CSF burrito bar.
    JV (G) VB vs. Caruthers H.S., FCS gym, 4:30 p.m.
    V (G) VB vs. Caruthers H.S., FCS gym, 6 p.m. – Senior Night

FRIDAY
    Lunch – GZ Quad, 12:35 p.m. Pasta with garlic bread and salad.
    JV (B) FB vs. Parlier, Clark, 5:30 p.m.
    V (B) FBN vs. Parlier, Clark, 7:30 p.m. – Senior Night

SATURDAY
    Selma Band Review, Selma, all day
    HS Cheer practice, FCS gym, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.

FEATHER YEARBOOK PHOTO, NOV. 3
    Adviser Greg Stobbe has secured a photo session with Tom Milne of Milne Photography for the annual Feather yearbook and staff photo.

All Feather staff members are asked to be at Milne Photography (1285 E. Nees, just west of Cedar) on Nov. 3, no later than 6:55 a.m. The group will set up in Milne’s outdoor studio in the back for a photo shoot. Parents will need to pick up their students between 7:30-7:45 a.m. in order to get them to first period. Mr. Stobbe does not have the ability to take everyone back to school on time.

Please do not be late. This is a one-time opportunity for this photo and there will be no re-shoots. Wear something comfortable. If students have Feather spirit wear, please wear it. Feather wear is available for purchase in the lab. Staff may also choose to wear something that is unique to them as long as it is in dark colors and in dress code.

Photos may be available for purchase at a later date. For more information, contact Stobbe at [email protected].

JAZZ BAND, PRAISONG CONCERT
    The jazz band and Praisong group will hold a concert in Ground Zero at 7 p.m., Nov. 2. Proceeds support the music program. Admission is free for those who bring a dessert to share or an auction.

ADVENTURE P.E.
    Sign ups are now open for Adventure P.E. kayaking at Pismo Beach on Friday, Nov. 6. The cost is approximately $25.

FALL HARVEST HOME TOUR
    The Parent Support Network is hosting a Fall Harvest Home Tour on Saturday, Nov. 14. Five different homes representing Fresno Christian families will be featured on the tour.

The tour runs from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m,. and homes may be visited anytime during those hours. In addition, refreshments will be served at two of the homes.

This is a fundraiser which will benefit high school activities, scholarships and teacher recognition gifts. Tickets are available for $20 in advance or $25 on the day of the tour; they can be purchased at any of the school offices.

For additional information, please contact Pam Powell at 432-8887.

BOOK BUDDIES VOLUNTEERS
    Campus students have been involved in the Book Buddies program at the Pinedale Elementary School for a few years. This program helps students with low reading skills to improve their abilities (often, English is their second language). Tests reveal that the Book Buddies program improves the reading level of the participants dramatically.

The Book Buddies program will be every Thursday, beginning Oct. 22 until Dec. 17 from 12 to 1:15 p.m. A commitment must be made for the entire program. The elementary children feel very rejected when their Book Buddy does not show up. Participating FC students will miss chapel to serve others.

LUNCH ON RAINY DAYS
    Lunch will be eaten in Rooms 602 and 604 instead of in the GZ Quad on days when it rains.

CSF TUTORING PROGRAM
    CSF is sponsoring a free tutoring program for high school, junior high and elementary students. CSF members will be offering one free tutoring session per week during free time: lunch, after school or a study hall. Mat and English, of all levels, are available for tutoring. If interested, sign up in front of the high school office or contact CSF adviser Molly Sargent or Suzanna Quiring for more information.

COMMENTS ON THE FEATHER
    The Feather Online (www.thefeather.com) staff would appreciate those who read their articles, view pictures or watch slideshows to send feedback to the staff in the comment section at the end of the article or photo. These comments help the staff focus and improve their journalism skills.

GIRLS’ BIBLE STUDY
    Beginning Monday, Sept. 21, Coach Jennifer Tatum will be facilitating a Bible study for the junior and senior girls during lunch in room 601. It’s going to be a very exciting time of growth in the Lord. Students should bring their lunches and come as quickly as possible.

DRESS CODE
    Principal Bennet has initiated a new rule for dress code. Boys are not allowed to wear baseball hats in the building at all; they may wear them outside the building only.

GROUND ZERO ACCESS
    Reminder: Fresno Christian students are not allowed in the Ground Zero building at any time without permission or for planned campus activities. Please especially note that the GZ cafe is not a shortcut to GZ main for Tuesday chapel. On Tuesday morning the GZ cafe is being used by another organization for their activity. Off limits applies also to the GZ bathroom facilities.

VIDEOS ON THE FEATHER
    Videos will now will be embedded into articles on The Feather. To view the videos, scroll to the bottom of an article. Current articles with video include New director pursues excellence and Quarterback refines mental game. However, due to server restrictions, they cannot be viewed on campus. The volleyball sport shorts also has a video on Jessika Searles at the bottom.

SLIDESHOWS ON THE FEATHER
    Photo slideshows are beginning on The Feather Online. Current slideshows include those attached to articles ? Convocation commemorates year’s beginning and Reforged squad takes first at camp. To watch the slideshow, click on the “View slideshow” link in the media section above the first photo. Other slideshows are in the surfing article, all fall sports and ClovisFest. The Feather Online staff is committed to added as many photos as possible to articles. Be sure to check each article for added slideshows.

MOMS IN TOUCH PRAYER GROUP
    Moms In Touch, a prayer group comprised of JH and HS moms, meets from 8 – 9 a.m. on Friday mornings in Room 204 to pray on the behalf of students. All JH and HS parents are invited to join Moms In Touch every Friday. If a couple dads show up, a Dads In Touch group will be formed.

Room 204 is near the PC library. If anyone is unable to locate the room, come by the HS office to find out more. For further questions, please contact Gina Wathen at 322-9116.

PSN BOARD MEMBERS NEEDED
    PSN needs a secretary and treasurer, as well as members for the board. No freshman, sophomore or junior mothers have volunteered. Please contact Pam Powell at [email protected] or at 977-5779.

DATES TO REMEMBER?

OCTOBER
    Oct. 31 ? Selma Parade
    Oct. 31 ? Registration deadline for Dec. 5 SAT

NOVEMBER
    Nov. 7 ? SAT & Subject Tests date
    Nov. 11 ? Veteran’s Day, no school
    Nov. 25-29 ? Thanksgiving break

DECEMBER
    Dec. 5 ? SAT & Subject Tests date
    Dec. 15 ? Registration deadline for Jan. 23 SAT
    Dec. 18 ? End of first semester
    Dec. 19-Jan. 10 ? Christmas break

JANUARY
    Jan. 11, 2010 ? First day of second semester
    Jan. 23 ? SAT & Subject Tests date