Announcement: 2013-09-04

WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR AUGUST 26-30

By The Feather staff.

LUNCH MENU
    Lunches are always provided for the cost of $6.
    Monday – No lunch scheduled
    Tuesday – Chick-Fil-A; chicken sandwich, drink and dessert
    Wednesday – Farmer Boys; cheeseburger, fries and choice of chocolate or vanilla milkshake or bottled water
    Thursday – No lunch scheduled
    Friday – Pizza

THE VALT, POWERSCHOOL
    To access the vault, students use their first and last name, with a space in between as the username. The password is each student’s ID number. If a student does not know their ID number, see Vickey Belmont in the high school office.

To access PowerSchool, student use the same login, but without a space between their first and last name in the username.

CSF
    The first California Scholarship Federation (CSF) meeting will be held during lunch on Thursday, Sept 5. The room location is TBA.

PSAT
    The PSAT will be offered at Fresno Christian for all interested students grades 9-11, Oct. 16. The PSAT is mandatory for all juniors and strongly encouraged for all underclassmen. This test is crucial in helping students prepare for the SAT and a great way to assess their skills to determine what academic areas need to be improved.

Please sign up with Vickey Belmont in the high school office by Aug. 28. The testing fee is $14. Please bring a #2 pencil and approved calculator as well a Student ID number.

COLLEGE INFO NIGHT
    For students who are interested in attending one of the following colleges: Duke, Georgetown, Harvard, Penn or Stanford, you are invited to attend a Student/Parent information night on at 7:30 p.m. at the Radisson Hotel & Conference Center (2233 Ventura St. Fresno, CA 93721)., Sept. 10. To register for the event please go to www.exploringcollegeoptions.org.

Westmont College will also be on campus for a presentation during lunch time, Sept. 12 for those students who are interested. The location is not yet decided.

During lunch time representatives from Biola University (this is important for anyone who is interested in applying to Biola since they will not be represented at our annual college fair this year) and Carroll College (a small, private, Catholic, liberal arts college in Helena, Montana) will be sharing information, Sept. 11. The location is still undecided.

INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
    International students that would like help with English can receive help from senior Jason Kim on Thursdays during lunch in room 627.

VIP CARDS
    At Thursday chapel, a VIP representative came to encourage the students to help fundraise by seeling VIP cards.The VIP card allows the buyer discounts at many different places, including restaurants, pharmacies and companies. The cards cost $20 and can be bought from any high school or junior high student.

PRINTING IN OFFICE
    If students need to have papers printed from the high school office, they need to leave their flashdrive in the tray on Vickey Belmont’s desk. The paper will be printed when there is time for the office staff or aides.

CSF
    Students interested in joining California Scholarship Federation (CSF), applications are available in the high school office. They must be returned to the office by Monday, Aug. 26, no later that 3 p.m.

MUSICIANS NEEDED
    Percussion needs more players – Percussion Ensemble meets 4th period. It counts either as a music elective or as PE credit. See Music Director Michael Ogdon for more information.
    Men’s Ensemble is auditioning for some more singers – The Kingsmen meet 3rd period. See Music Director Michael Ogdon for more information.
    Are you interested in learning how to play and sing in a worship band? Worship 101 is a class that will help you grow in technology and music leadership. This is a 1st period class. See Music Director Michael Ogdon for more information.
    Colorguard Flag Team needs more members – Colorguard meets 1st period. It counts as a PE credit. See Music Director Michael Ogdon for more information.

PICTURE DAY
    Picture day will be taken on Aug. 20 for grades seven through 12. Forms have been handed out in homerooms and are also available in the high school office.

VOLLEYBALL TRYOUTS
    High school girls volleyball tryouts are today in the FC gym from 5:30-7:30 and tomorrow from 4:30-6:30. Please be there 15 minutes early and be ready to play some volleyball. If you have any questions please go to the athletic office or see Coach Michael Ogden.

HS GIRLS BASKETBALL
    All girls interested in playing high school basketball please come to room 608 right at the beginning of lunch on Thursday, Aug. 22 for a quick meeting.

HS CROSS COUNTRY
    Any students interested in joining the high school cross country team should meet this Friday in the FCS gym at 3:15 p.m., Aug. 16.

CJSF
    Beginning Tuesday, Aug. 13 applications for California Junior Scholarship Federation (CJSF) may be picked up from Hallie Rojeski in room 628. CJSF applications are due back to Rojeski by 3:05, Aug. 23. CJSF is open to any 8th grade student whose last semester grades meet the state requirements. See the junior high bulletin board for information.

SCHEDULE CHANGES
    If you need a schedule change, please email Michelle Warkentin at: [email protected].

ATTENTION: CLUBS AND ATHLETIC COACHES
    If you would like to raise funds for your clubs or teams, one of the best ways to do that is to sell lunch. Contact Vickey Belmont in the high school office at 559.299.1695.

BROTHER TO BROTHER
    Brother to Brother applications may be picked up from Terri Richards, in room 629. They are due to Richards on Thursday, Aug. 22. Brother to Brother is open to sophomore, junior and senior high school boys and all junior high boys. Please see Richards if you have any questions.

SISTER TO SISTER
    Sister to Sister applications may be picked up from Hallie Rojeski in room 628. They are due to Rojeski on Thursday, Aug. 22.
    Sister to Sister is open to junior and senior high school girls and all junior high girls. Please see Rojeski if you have any questions.

FOLLOW THE FEATHER ON TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM
    The Feather Online continues to tweet each school day up-to-date news and happenings. All students, parents and community supporters need to do is sign up for an account and follow @thefeather on Twitter and our Instagram.

To follow on Twitter:

The Feather (www.thefeather.com) – @thefeather
    Fresno Christian School – @FresnoChristian
    Fresno Christian Sports – @FCEaglesSports
    Fresno Christian Music Department – @fcsmusicdept
    Fresno Christian Athletic Department – @FCSportsAD
    Fresno Christian PE – @FCEaglesPE

DATES TO REMEMBER

Sept. 2 ? Labor Day: no school
    Sept. 13 ? Football home game vs. Vaccaville Christian
    Sept. 18 ? Half day