Announcement: 2010-02-01

by Austin Ward,
    Senior editor

SCHEDULE FOR FEB. 1-8, 2010

MONDAY
    Lunch ? GZ Quad ? 12:35 p.m.
    Club Asia business meeting ? Room 626 ? 12:35 p.m.
    Girls’ soccer vs. Parlier ? Parlier ? 3:30 p.m.
    School community council meeting ? MPR ? 6:30 p.m.
    Grad night meeting ? Room 608 ? 7 p.m.

TUESDAY | Regular Schedule
    Lunch ? GZ Quad ? 12:35 p.m.
    Varsity boys’ soccer vs. Parlier ? FC North Field ? 3:30 p.m.
    JV boys’ basketball vs. Parlier ? PC Gym ? 4:30 p.m.
    JV girls’ basketball vs. Parlier ? FC gym ? 4:30 p.m.
    Varsity girls’ basketball vs Parlier ? FC Gym ? 6 p.m.
    Varsity boys’ basketball vs. Parlier ? FC Gym ? 7:30 p.m.

WEDNESDAY
    Lunch ? GZ Quad ? 12:35 p.m.
    Sophomore class ring presentation by Jostens ? Room 604 ? 12:35 p.m.

THURSDAY | Chapel Schedule A
    JH/HS combined chapel ? GZ Main ? 9:35 a.m.
    Lunch ? GZ Quad ? 12:45 p.m.
    Varsity girls’ soccer vs. Riverdale ? FC North Field ? 3:30 p.m.

FRIDAY
    Lunch ? GZ Quad ? 12:35 p.m.
    Varsity boys’ soccer vs. Riverdale ? FC North Field ? 3:30 p.m.
    JV girls’ basketball at Riverdale ? Riverdale ? 4:30 p.m.
    JV boys’ basketball at Riverdale ? Riverdale ? 5:30 p.m.
    Varsity girls’ basketball at Riverdale ? Riverdale ? 6 p.m.
    Varsity boys’ basketball at Riverdale ? Riverdale ? 7 p.m.

SATURDAY
    AcaDec Comp./Super Quiz ? Clovis East High School ? 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.

MONDAY | Feb. 8
    No school ? Lincoln’s birthday observed

FC UNDERGROUND DEBUTS, JAN. 25
    While a daily audio/visual news program has been a part of the FC community in the past, The Feather Online debuts a new version of FC Underground as the spring semester kicks into gear. Be sure to check out the new Feather feature each week by clicking on the FC Underground icon on the right menu bar.

NIGHT OF THE STARS
    Night of the Stars 2010 will take place at The Grand on 10 in downtown Fresno on Feb. 20 from 6-11 p.m.

NOTS tickets will go on sale, Jan. 25. Tickets will be sold at an early bird rate of $45 for one week (through Jan. 29 at 3:30) by student leadership. After that, tickets may be purchased at the full price of $50. The last day to be able to purchase a NOTS ticket is Feb. 17. At the time of the ticket purchase, students may be able to designate their table mates.

Student leadership is also holding a contest for the most creative way to ask a date. Students who enter their method have a chance to win free tickets. Please submit your story by Feb. 12 to the student leadership advisers and the student leadership class will vote for one winner to receive a reimbusement for the cost of two tickets.

Please pick up a copy of the dress code on the table outside the high school office. For those wanting to invite a date who is not a current student at Fresno Christian, they MUST have an interview with Mr. Bennett or Mrs. Sargent. Please see Mrs. Regnerus to schedule an appointment.

NOTS AWARDS
    Anyone interested in presenting an award at Night of the Stars should contact Elizabeth Grossman before Feb. 5.

LITERARY MAGAZINE
    The FCS literary magazine is now accepting submissions. Pick up a submission form from Mrs. Sargent today. Work from any artistic medium (e.g. photography, poetry, short story, essay, scratcboards, etc.) will be considered. For more information, contact senior Jessa Searles.

TALENT SHOW AUDITIONS
    Next week on Jan. 26, 28 and 29, the auditioning for WSL Talent Show will take place during lunch in GZ main. Those chosen will be competing against students from other WSL schools in talent shows which will take place in each one of the schools. The last venue will be at FC on Feb. 25.

LOST AND FOUND
    Three days into the new semester and the lost and found table is already full. There are about a dozen sweat jackets, a blanket, a backpack, girl’s knit sweaters and cap, and some textbooks and binders. If any student has misplaced anything, check the lost and found table in Building 6, across from the restrooms.

Also note that, this year, the lost and found table will be cleared on a weekly basis.

ATTENTION INT’L STUDENTS
    All international students who were issued an I-20 from FCS must bring the original I-20 with the U.S. Immigration stamp on it to Mrs. Kilbourne. A copy will be made of students’ I-20 and returned to them as they wait. Please take care of this request as soon as possible.

GYM REFINISHED
    The FCS gym floor has been refinished. Please note that the gym doors to the foyer and into the gymnasium will now be locked, except for events taking place in the gym.

All music students are required to enter and exit the music suite from the door on the east side of the building, not through the foyer.

All P.E. and strength and conditioning students are to use the locker room doors and enter the locker rooms from the rear access doors. Students are ONLY to use the rear locker room doors when they are leaving and returning to Building 6; they are NOT to walk through the gym and leave by the front door.

This new procedure will be enforced immediately.

SLIDESHOWS ON THE FEATHER
    Photo slideshows are beginning on The Feather Online. Current slideshows include all sports articles. To watch the slideshow, click on the “View slideshow” link above the media section on the right side of the article. The Feather Online staff is committed to added as many photos as possible to articles. Be sure to check each article for added slideshows even after an article first appears.

COMMENTS ON THE FEATHER
    The Feather Online (www.thefeather.com) staff would appreciate those who read their articles, view pictures or watch slideshows to send feedback to the staff in the comment section at the end of the article or photo. These comments help the staff focus and improve their journalism skills.

LUNCH ON RAINY DAYS
    Lunch will be eaten in Rooms 602 and 604 instead of in the GZ Quad on days when it rains.

CSF TUTORING PROGRAM
    CSF is sponsoring a free tutoring program for high school, junior high and elementary students. CSF members will be offering one free tutoring session per week during free time: lunch, after school or a study hall. Mat and English, of all levels, are available for tutoring. If interested, sign up in front of the high school office or contact CSF adviser Molly Sargent or Suzanna Quiring for more information.

GIRLS’ BIBLE STUDY
    Beginning Monday, Sept. 21, Coach Jennifer Tatum will be facilitating a Bible study for the junior and senior girls during lunch in room 601. It’s going to be a very exciting time of growth in the Lord. Students should bring their lunches and come as quickly as possible.

DRESS CODE
    Principal Bennet has initiated a new rule for dress code. Boys are not allowed to wear baseball hats in the building at all; they may wear them outside the building only.

GROUND ZERO ACCESS
    Reminder: Fresno Christian students are not allowed in the Ground Zero building at any time without permission or for planned campus activities. Please especially note that the GZ cafe is not a shortcut to GZ main for Tuesday chapel. On Tuesday morning the GZ cafe is being used by another organization for their activity. Off limits applies also to the GZ bathroom facilities.

VIDEOS ON THE FEATHER
    Videos will now will be embedded into articles on The Feather. To view the videos, scroll to the bottom of an article. Current articles with video include New director pursues excellence and Quarterback refines mental game. However, due to server restrictions, they cannot be viewed on campus. The volleyball sport shorts also has a video on Jessika Searles at the bottom.

MOMS IN TOUCH PRAYER GROUP
    Moms In Touch, a prayer group comprised of JH and HS moms, meets from 8 – 9 a.m. on Friday mornings in Room 204 to pray on the behalf of students. All JH and HS parents are invited to join Moms In Touch every Friday. If a couple dads show up, a Dads In Touch group will be formed.

Room 204 is near the PC library. If anyone is unable to locate the room, come by the HS office to find out more. For further questions, please contact Gina Wathen at 322-9116.

PSN BOARD MEMBERS NEEDED
    PSN needs a secretary and treasurer, as well as members for the board. No freshman, sophomore or junior mothers have volunteered. Please contact Pam Powell at [email protected] or at 977-5779.

DATES TO REMEMBER?

FEBRUARY
    Feb. 6 ? AcaDec competition: objectives & Super Quiz
    Feb. 8 ? No school: Lincoln’s Birthday observed
    Feb. 15 ? No school: Presidents’ Day observed
    Feb. 20 ? Night of the Stars
    Feb. 24 ? Half-day schedule
    Feb. 25 ? WSL Talent Show at FCHS

MARCH
    March 17 ? Half-day schedule
    March 27-April 5 ? Easter vacation

APRIL
    April 6 ? School resumes after Easter break
    April 21 – Half-day schedule

MAY
    May 12 ? Half-day schedule
    May 27 ? FCHS graduation & reception