Announcement: 2013-09-30

WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR SEPTEMBER 30-OCTOBER 4

By The Feather staff.

RECEPTION FOR MARTHA LANGE
    Help us celebrate Martha Lange’s 36 years of service to the school by attending a dessert reception in the Student Ministry Center on the Peoples Church Campus. You may also drop a gift off in the FCS school office by Sept. 27. No gift is too small! The dessert reception will be Sept. 30th, 6:30 p.m.-8:30. Anyone is welcome!

BROTHER TO BROTHER AND SISTER TO SISTER
    There is a Brother to Brother off campus lunch Monday, Sept. 30, as well as a training meeting at lunch for older sisters. The meeting will be Room 628.

SENIOR COLLEGE TRIP
    Michelle Warkentin will be heading up a college trip to LA. Warkentin will be traveling to UCLA, UC Irvine, Vanguard, and one other Christian college (depending on the interest of those signed up). The fourth college will be either Azusa Pacific, Biola, or Cal Baptist. Please sign up with Vickey Belmont by Wed, October 2 if you are interested in attending. In order to qualify you must be in grades 9-12 and have a GPA of 3.0 or better. When you sign up let her know which 4th college (of the options given) you would like to visit. Final details and cost information will be determined by the end of next week. Parents interested in driving can contact Warkentin at [email protected]. The trip will be Nov. 5-6.

PSAT
    PSAT sign-ups will no longer be accepted.
    The PSAT will be offered at Fresno Christian for all interested students grades 9-11, Oct. 16. The PSAT is mandatory for all juniors and strongly encouraged for all underclassmen. This test is crucial in helping students prepare for the SAT and a great way to assess their skills to determine what academic areas need to be improved. Students will need a #2 Pencil, approved calculator (see student guide for approved calculators), and their student ID.

LUNCH MENU
    Lunches are always provided for the cost of $6.
    Monday -No lunch scheduled
    Tuesday – Taco Bell; Tacos, chips, drink and dessert
    Wednesday – Farmer Boys; Cheeseburger, fries, chocolate or vanilla milkshake or water
    Thursday – No lunch scheduled
    Friday – No lunch scheduled

THE VAULT, POWERSCHOOL
    To access the vault, students use their first and last name, with a space in between as the username. The password is each student’s ID number. If a student does not know their ID number, see Vickey Belmont in the high school office.

To access PowerSchool, student use the same login, but without a space between their first and last name in the username.

WANNA TRAVEL TO PARIS IN JUNE, 2014?
    Journalism adviser Greg Stobbe is leading a 10-day educational tour to Paris, France, next summer. If you want to visit Europe next summer, he has an itinerary published, outlining each day’s activities. Stobbe has room for a few more students and parents on the custom trip scheduled to leave in June 2014. He already has 13 travelers signed up. For more information, talk to Mr. Stobbe or email him at [email protected].

PUBLICATIONS CLASSES NEED YOUR HELP
    After a successful past eight years of covering campus events, The Feather Online, in need of more staff to cover video, photos, slideshows and other multimedia events. Please contact editor-in-chief Tynin Fries or adviser Greg Stobbe for more information. Join one of the top online daily newspapers in the United States.

HOMECOMING COURT
    After class meetings on Thursday, Sept. 5, the homecoming court nominees were elected and announced the following day. The results are as follows:

Freshmen Princesses:
    Brooklynn Ainley
    Sydney Belmont
    Hannah Nale

Sophomore Princesses:
    Allison Breedlove
    Sierra Duffy
    Gillian Rea
    Vanessa Shubin

Junior Princesses:
    Kathryn Damschen
    Ivette Ibarra
    Elise Winegarden

Senior King Candidates:
    Noah Belmont
    Bobby Christopher
    Grant FlammangB
    Kyle Hudecek
    Caleb Nale

Senior Queen Candidates:
    Hannah Avila
    Annaleah Madison
    Mikayla Messer
    Annalise Rosik
    Emily Shakeshaft

INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
    International students that would like help with English can receive help from senior Jason Kim on Thursdays during lunch in room 627.

PRINTING IN OFFICE
    If students need to have papers printed from the high school office, they need to leave their flashdrive in the tray on Vickey Belmont’s desk. The paper will be printed when there is time for the office staff or aides.

MUSICIANS NEEDED
    Percussion needs more players – Percussion Ensemble meets 4th period. It counts either as a music elective or as PE credit. See Music Director Michael Ogdon for more information.
    Men’s Ensemble is auditioning for some more singers – The Kingsmen meet 3rd period. See Music Director Michael Ogdon for more information.
    Are you interested in learning how to play and sing in a worship band? Worship 101 is a class that will help you grow in technology and music leadership. This is a 1st period class. See Music Director Michael Ogdon for more information.
    Colorguard Flag Team needs more members – Colorguard meets 1st period. It counts as a PE credit. See Music Director Michael Ogdon for more information.

ATTENTION: CLUBS AND ATHLETIC COACHES
    If you would like to raise funds for your clubs or teams by selling lunch at school, contact Vickey Belmont in the high school office at 559-299-1695.

FOLLOW THE FEATHER ON TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM
    The Feather Online continues to tweet each school day up-to-date news and happenings. All students, parents and community supporters need to do is sign up for an account and follow @thefeather on Twitter and our Instagram.

To follow on Twitter:

The Feather (www.thefeather.com) – @thefeather
    Fresno Christian School – @FresnoChristian
    Fresno Christian Sports – @FCEaglesSports
    Fresno Christian Music Department – @fcsmusicdept
    Fresno Christian Athletic Department – @FCSportsAD
    Fresno Christian PE – @FCEaglesPE

DATES TO REMEMBER

Sept 30 — First Annual Eagle Open fundraiser for athletic department