Announcement: 2013-10-22

WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR OCTOBER 18

By Emily Ladd, Writer.

HOMECOMING THEME DAYS
    Dress up days for homecoming week, Oct. 21-25 are as followed:

Monday, Oct. 21: Marvel Monday

Tuesday, Oct. 22: Sports Day

Wednesday, Oct. 23: Pajama Day

Thursday, Oct. 24: Fake Injury Day

Friday, Oct. 25: Spirit Day

For more information, check out the updated article on the homecoming theme days.

HOMECOMING WEEK SCHEDULES
    The following is the bell schedule for homecoming week.

Monday – Regular bell Schedule

Tuesday – Thursday Chapel Schedule
    Princess Pageant is during Chapel (12:10-12:40 p.m.)

Wednesday – Thursday Chapel Schedule
    Queen Pageant is During Chapel (12:10-12:40 p.m.)

Thursday – Tuesday Chapel Schedule
    King Dance is during Chapel (9:35 a.m.-10:15 a.m.)

Friday – Rally Schedule
    Homecoming Rally (2:30-3 p.m.)

HOMECOMING KING DANCE
    The annual King Dance will be held Oct. 24, in-between 2nd and 3rd period. The homecoming king candidates will perform a choreographed dance to a mix of songs for the attenders. The king winner will be announced at homecoming along with the queen and princess

HOMECOMING COURT
    After class meetings on Thursday, Sept. 5, the homecoming court nominees were elected and announced the following day. The results are as follows:

Freshmen Princesses:
    Brooklynn Ainley
    Sydney Belmont
    Hannah Nale

Sophomore Princesses:
    Allison Breedlove
    Sierra Duffy
    Gillian Rea
    Vanessa Shubin

Junior Princesses:
    Kathryn Damschen
    Ivette Ibarra
    Elise Winegarden

Senior King Candidates:
    Noah Belmont
    Bobby Christopher
    Grant FlammangB
    Kyle Hudecek
    Caleb Nale

Senior Queen Candidates:
    Hannah Avila
    Annaleah Madison
    Mikayla Messer
    Annalise Rosik
    Emily Shakeshaft

WILLOW INTERNATIONAL
    All Seniors who are Applying to Willow International:
    David Navarro, Admissions Representative from Willow International, will be giving a presentation to all interested seniors regarding the local community college (SCCCD) application process and the Willow Honors Program on Monday, Nov 4 at 9 a.m. in Rm. 625.

OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD
    Each year, Operation Christmas Child delivers millions of shoebox gifts to children in desperate circumstances around the world. In addition to bringing happiness to boys and girls who otherwise wouldn’t receive any presents, Samaritan’s Purse also opens doors for presenting the Good News of Jesus Christ. Through children’s literature and evangelistic programs, many lives are changed for eternity.

FC would like to invite you to join us this year as we reach out to boys and girls in the name of Jesus Christ. The goal is to collect 250 shoeboxes at FC by Nov. 7 for children who face a daily struggle against war, persecution, disease, natural disaster, poverty, illness, or neglect. Please pray that God will meet their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.

This year the high school classes will compete to see which class donates the most boxes. The winning class are awarded with a pizza party!
    If you have any questions contact Maddie Luginbill, Allison Breedlove or Robert Foshee. They will give you any information or boxes that you need! FC would like to beat last year’s number of 75 boxes. Good luck!

LUNCH MENU
    Lunches are always provided for the cost of $6.
    Monday -No lunch scheduled
    Tuesday – JH Lunch: Taco Bell, drink and dessert
    Wednesday – Farmer Boys; Breakfast Burritos,Fruit cup, OJ or water
    Thursday – No lunch scheduled
    Friday – Wahoo’s; Grilled Chicken Burrito,chips & salsa dessert, drink

CHAPEL SPEAKERS NEEDED
    Want to tell your story of how God is working in your life? The leadership chapel group is looking for someone to be in the next chapel video. The video will be shown during a Thursday or Tuesday chapel. Contact Robert Foshee or Annalise Rosik for more information. Foshee can be reached at [email protected]

COLLEGE TRIP
    Michelle Warkentin will be heading up a college trip to LA. Warkentin will be traveling to UCLA, UC Irvine, Vanguard, and one other Christian college (depending on the interest of those signed up). The fourth college will be either Azusa Pacific, Biola, or Cal Baptist. Please sign up with Vickey Belmont by Wed, October 2 if you are interested in attending. In order to qualify you must be in grades 9-12 and have a GPA of 3.0 or better. When you sign up let her know which 4th college (of the options given) you would like to visit. Final details and cost information will be determined by the end of next week. Parents interested in driving can contact Warkentin at [email protected]. The trip will be Nov. 5-6.

THE VAULT, POWERSCHOOL
    To access the vault, students use their first and last name, with a space in between as the username. The password is each student’s ID number. If a student does not know their ID number, see Vickey Belmont in the high school office.

To access PowerSchool, student use the same login, but without a space between their first and last name in the username.

WANNA TRAVEL TO PARIS IN JUNE, 2014?
    Journalism adviser Greg Stobbe is leading a 10-day educational tour to Paris, France, next summer. If you want to visit Europe next summer, he has an itinerary published, outlining each day’s activities. Stobbe has room for a few more students and parents on the custom trip scheduled to leave in June 2014. He already has 13 travelers signed up. For more information, talk to Mr. Stobbe or email him at [email protected].

PUBLICATIONS CLASSES NEED YOUR HELP
    After a successful past eight years of covering campus events, The Feather Online, in need of more staff to cover video, photos, slideshows and other multimedia events. Please contact editor-in-chief Tynin Fries or adviser Greg Stobbe for more information. Join one of the top online daily newspapers in the United States.

INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
    International students that would like help with English can receive help from senior Jason Kim on Thursdays during lunch in room 627.

PRINTING IN OFFICE
    If students need to have papers printed from the high school office, they need to leave their flashdrive in the tray on Vickey Belmont’s desk. The paper will be printed when there is time for the office staff or aides.

MUSICIANS NEEDED
    Percussion needs more players – Percussion Ensemble meets 4th period. It counts either as a music elective or as PE credit. See Music Director Michael Ogdon for more information.
    Men’s Ensemble is auditioning for some more singers – The Kingsmen meet 3rd period. See Music Director Michael Ogdon for more information.
    Are you interested in learning how to play and sing in a worship band? Worship 101 is a class that will help you grow in technology and music leadership. This is a 1st period class. See Music Director Michael Ogdon for more information.
    Colorguard Flag Team needs more members – Colorguard meets 1st period. It counts as a PE credit. See Music Director Michael Ogdon for more information.

ATTENTION: CLUBS AND ATHLETIC COACHES
    If you would like to raise funds for your clubs or teams by selling lunch at school, contact Vickey Belmont in the high school office at 559-299-1695.

FOLLOW THE FEATHER ON TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM
    The Feather Online continues to tweet each school day up-to-date news and happenings. All students, parents and community supporters need to do is sign up for an account and follow @thefeather on Twitter and our Instagram.

To follow on Twitter:

The Feather (www.thefeather.com) – @thefeather
    Fresno Christian School – @FresnoChristian
    Fresno Christian Sports – @FCEaglesSports
    Fresno Christian Music Department – @fcsmusicdept
    Fresno Christian Athletic Department – @FCSportsAD
    Fresno Christian PE – @FCEaglesPE

DATES TO REMEMBER
    Oct. 21-25 — Homecoming week
    Oct. 25 — King Dance
    Nov. 2 — SAT testing
    Nov. 5-6 — College trip to SoCal
    Nov. 8 — Deadline for registering for SAT Dec. 7
    Nov. 27-28 — Thanksgiving Break
    Dec. 7 — SAT testing
    Dec. 13-Jan. 6 — Christmas
    Dec. 20-21 — Garces Soccer Tournament